I feel like we are building to more reveals...

by electricpirate @, Sunday, July 21, 2013, 09:41 (3903 days ago) @ Xenos

This Update was a bit more telling than some of the other ones. There were some interesting bits,

We’re feeding on each other’s energy, both emotionally and literally, using a game mechanic we’re not quite ready to talk about yet. It’s still in its infancy, but it already begets a crackling layer of fun and energy I haven’t experienced in a shooter before.

Up until now, the only advantage of more players seemed to be higher DPS and more targets. Now we are seeing that there are some possible co-op mechanics to go along with the obvious advantages of more players. That's important, and good to hear.

Urk's story of MP had some telling details,

I had really enjoyed those matches, too. Lots of cat and mouse play at multiple ranges. Crafty escapes and even craftier flanking routes that had me smiling ear to ear over the imagined frustration I was dolling out to the opposing squad. Strategies developed on the fly, played out, and were discarded in favor of new tactics as the opposition adjusted. Teamwork led to victory.

First point, bracketing off specific "Matches" con-notates that there will be somewhat traditional PVP offerings. I'm hoping there are move organic PVP options also (similar to what Watch Dogs/Dark Souls/the division are doing).

I'm curious how maps play out, and Bungie's seamless matchmaking plays in this context. It seems like some cracks are beginning to show in the secrecy of PVP, so hopefully Bungie gave Edge a full glimpse into it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread