Yes, Really (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 08:57 (2734 days ago) @ Mid7night

are you f&*king kidding me!?

It's not that ridiculous at all, in fact it is actually pretty convenient because all you have to do is fold and glue. And it already has the printed details, in color.

Here is a sample warlock helmet paper craft. $7.

-Then you need to scale it.

-Print it on your own card stock (Let's say a ream is $5)

-Cut it out

-Glue it together

- decorate it.

::Shrug::

IDK. Doesn't seem ridiculous to me at all and I've been in this hobby for several years.

Yeah, and here is a (much smaller) company who designs RC airplanes and does videos about RC stuff for a living. You can either buy laser-cut Speed Build kits from them for anywhere between $15-$35, OR you can download the build plans for literally EVERY plane they've EVER designed ...for FREE.

So yes. $10 for a PDF of a papercraft project - the unwrapped 3D model for which they ALREADY had to make anyway - is a little stupid.

I guess it depends on what your time and effort is worth to you. And really, if it is that ridiculous to you, then don't buy it, I guess?

How about spending $10 on in-game silver for stuff you can't even hold tangibly. Is that stupid?

Or sinking hours and hours into a video game? I know plenty of people IRL that think that is stupid.

"Stupid" is relative, man.

::Shurgs::

I've spent $10 on worse. I bought the taken king and felt that was a waste of my money.

Calling it a $10 charity donation or a ridiculous waste of $10 are just two ways to look at it.

It just makes me laugh because no one is making anyone buy it. The knee-jerk reactions to things are just laughable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread