Why no "story" playlists? (Destiny)

by TheJobaFett, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 16:28 (2789 days ago)

For instance, if I wanted to play the House of Wolves storyline from beginning to end, I go to "Vanguard" and choose "House of Wolves"...it starts the opening cinematic (if there is one...) and drops me in the first mission and goes mission by mission until it's complete (skipping any raids and possibly strikes since those aren't solo activities). That wouldn't be that hard to put in, I wouldn't think. Much easier than raid matchmaking at least...

Wait, there's a story?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 16:51 (2789 days ago) @ TheJobaFett

It would have been really nice to have this feature originally. Instead it's set up to do a mission, travel to and from the tower, do another story, waste more time traveling to and from orbit, rinse and repeat.

I'd actually enjoy have a straight story mission playlist you can set and forget and just do the missions that way once you've unlocked everything.

Wait, there's a story?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 17:16 (2789 days ago) @ unoudid

It would have been really nice to have this feature originally. Instead it's set up to do a mission, travel to and from the tower, do another story, waste more time traveling to and from orbit, rinse and repeat.

I'd actually enjoy have a straight story mission playlist you can set and forget and just do the missions that way once you've unlocked everything.

A similar feature that I think would do the trick and be a better fit would be to have the ability to reactivate quests.

Wait, there's a story?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 17:33 (2789 days ago) @ Kermit

A similar feature that I think would do the trick and be a better fit would be to have the ability to reactivate quests.

If you can take out the visiting the tower over and over from those quests then I'd be down for that.

HA

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 17:39 (2789 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Wait, there's a story?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 17:56 (2789 days ago) @ Kermit

The quest system needs a serious rework for Destiny 2. It is straight up awful if you jump in as a new player. It's so confusing and floods you with quests from every expansion that doesn't make any sense from a timeline perspective. It's convenient if you start an alternate character or something, but it's a terrible presentation for new players.

It seems like a very necessary inelegant solution--Bungie really needs to consider this from the ground up for Destiny 2.

That said, reactivating quests would be great for old players, if only to give an easy indication of what quest comes "next" if you're trying to play through an expansion again or something.

Wait, there's a story?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 20:32 (2789 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The quest system needs a serious rework for Destiny 2. It is straight up awful if you jump in as a new player. It's so confusing and floods you with quests from every expansion that doesn't make any sense from a timeline perspective. It's convenient if you start an alternate character or something, but it's a terrible presentation for new players.

It seems like a very necessary inelegant solution--Bungie really needs to consider this from the ground up for Destiny 2.

That said, reactivating quests would be great for old players, if only to give an easy indication of what quest comes "next" if you're trying to play through an expansion again or something.

Sorry to hear that it's terrible for new players. I've thought it was pretty good for the new content when they added it, and assumed it made the year one content flow better, too.

Jason Jones has said they wanted to give value to replay, alluding to the fact that fans replayed their earlier games, and thinking about that, one of my favorite ways to replay the Halo games was to play them from start to finish again. Sure, there were levels I dipped into because they were favorites (Assault on the Control Room) but what bugs me about Destiny is you get plenty of replay, but it's like you get to watch clips from the movie all the time, but you never get to watch the movie again.

+1

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 00:16 (2789 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread