Brilliance. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:30 (2788 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've decrypted so many purples while forgetting to take a damn mask off.

I've been really good about remembering to max light before decrypting purples (though I did get some crap rewards when I forget to take mine off before doing a few rounds of Archon's Forge), but I still got hosed by the mask anyway. I was in a hurry to clear space and get back to fighting, so I didn't remove the mask before turning in a bunch of blue engrams. So of course that's when I got "lucky" and had one of my rares decrypt into an exotic. Instead of getting some >397 infusion fuel, I got a 358 Thunderlord. Yay. I didn't even care enough to dump some motes into it to score an extra exotic shard. I just wanted to trash the thing as soon as possible and try to forget that it happened :p

Everything I decrypt, from now until all of my characters are 400, will now be turned in by my Hunter at max light. Just in case.

I thought the extra challenge of dropping my light to complete hard task was actually "brilliant", granted the rewards for such feats really doesn't feel on par with the challenge presented.

Same. I had fun actually struggling with the Taniks strike again. It was a bit frustrating getting him down to a sliver of health, popping a Golden Gun to finish him off, and getting one shot killed by a shrapnel launcher Captain who shot me in the back before I could pull the trigger, then watching that captain wipe the rest of the team and getting to start the fight over again, but it was still fun :p

Yeah, I had a blast, as well; felt like a real challenge. ;) (Granted, I was playing at 349 light, down from high 380s, so I was in much better shape than Morpheus; I might have felt differently if I'd been at, say, 335, which is about where Morpheus was. Dunno.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread