Danny O'Dwyer's first Noclip documentary: Rocket League (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 03, 2016, 17:46 (2735 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think it's a great little series. I really hope that in the future he can dig deeper on some older, bigger stories in the industry,

That would be cool, but it might be a little impractical. The bigger the story the more people are involved, the more details there are, and the more things there are to research. The longer ago the more memories fade… If you look at something like Masters of Doom, that took six years to write and research.

He wants to launch a documentary each month. Unless teams are being hired and given a lot of time to create each episode, I don't know how you could possibly research and tell a big story in that amount of time.

If he can pull it off, then that's great. But realistically, I am not sure that will really happen. That doesn't mean his current format is bad or anything (I haven't watched this video yet), but it probably won't be super in depth if they are being cranked out monthly on a budget of 19k.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread