Bungie, Doug Zartman, Rocket League, and you! (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 04, 2016, 21:22 (2734 days ago) @ dogcow

So, I was reading a Bungie Employee Profile for Doug Zartman on mythgraveyard.org and found this gem. Just sharing it because I found it funny (and very forward thinking ;-) ).

Q: Why won't Bungie tell their fans what they're working on next?

A: Because if I told the truth (that we're working on a combination racing and soccer game), people would drive us nuts with suggestions that aren't relevant, criticism that's mistaken, questions that are inane. You want people to be excited about the new game, but you don't want them to judge it based on rumor or a leaked beta version, because then their judgement will be wrong.

Also, I would put this in the "Bungie" category, but I don't see one, so it's going in "Destiny". Admins please recategorize this if you wish (Off Topic?)

This is funny, because a beta version of Marathon with 3 levels and working multiplayer was leaked. Stolen actually. Publically Bungie had to discourage it, but internally they were thrilled and thought it was a great thing for them since everyone was talking about Marathon.

Of course that's because the beta was awesome. If it wasn't, that'd have been a different story.

For raga - Source is Alex Seropian.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread