That was fun.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:36 (3934 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 23:12

I had a blast playing with you guys tonight.

Me and Xenos started out by carrying a team with something like a 22 and 20 score in slayer. Then it was a great collection of DBOers rotating in and out. There were some great victories, some lol that was bad defeats, and some good midgame chats about gaming and Destiny.

Some of my other favorite parts:

- Tearing it up on multiteam Slayer on Countdown. Go green team!
- Our collective realization that DBO is a Community not a Clan. The difference? Clans win. (But they have to all dress the same)
- Winning most of our Invasion games, including skunking the other team once.
- Our mildly heroic attempted comeback on Blood Gulch. "Bring the tank forward, bring the Revenant forward, bring in everything! Let's spawn kill them!" It almost worked too!

AND

Halo Reach.

Holy hell I'd forgotten how much more fun it is than Halo 4. I loved the slightly slower pace. The longer, more drawn out one on one battles. The seemingly more worthwhile certainly less silly (I'm looking at you Mantis) vehicles. The more classic not overly scifi filtered sounds. Invasion, which is just a ton of fun. And, I don't know, just the whole thing felt better and far less so-frenzied-it-doesn't-even-really-matter-what-I-do-ish. All that and the UI is less kludgy, more informative, and doesn't list everyone's gamer tags sideways.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread