Observations

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 10:45 (4057 days ago)

Just some random observations from the trailer:

1. Pathways Out of Darkness. Heh. Imagine all the people who won't understand the reference. :)

2. We're limited to our solar system. That makes me so happy. Space is big, really big, so mind numbingly… eh… the point is our solar system is big enough. You don't need to travel to made up stars and planets to tell an expansive story. Great to see that recognized.

3. I love the design of those little human spaceships. All angular and awesome. The FTL jumps look pretty awesome too.

4. Unless our enemies really really like to dress differently, matching themselves to their surrounding, it almost looks like we'll be fighting multiple enemy groups and races. The snow guys with their walking tank look very different from the (Venus?) aliens from the green jungle enemies.

5. Notice that all the player models are in sealed environmental suits. Check the locking mechanisms at the wrists and of course the sealed helmets. I wonder how many worlds are actually habitable in the present.

6. From the narration and some of the concept art (the squad pic mostly) I'd guess that some form of power usage will be involved. Mass Effect like perhaps?

7. With spacecraft technology and even FTL capability surely Humanity has poked around in the Traveller? It's right there above them with huge gaping holes in it. I wonder if it likes us doing that.

8. Very interesting to see them officially committing to a 10 year plan in the very first ViDoc. Also a bit scary.

Pretty cool. Can't wait to learn more. Not preordering yet though. Want to know more about it before that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread