Hey Cody (a Deus Ex thread) (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 00:36 (2723 days ago)

I hesitated to post this here--I've been making a habit of completely off-topic threads recently--but this is too interesting to pass up, and I figured maybe others here might like to see it.

Cody is well known for his love of the original Deus Ex. Well, Waypoint just posted a small article about it, which, most importantly, links to the the entire original design doc (Google Drive PDF link).

I've only skimmed a bit of it so far, but it's fascinating. I wish I was an intelligent deep-thinker like some of you folks here so I could add some discussion points, but that's mostly beyond me. Obviously they're very different games, but, in an ideal world, it seems like key parts of this doc could be applied to a cool version of Destiny that went even just a little beyond "shoot that thing in the face". Of course, Destiny is a shooter, but it is also at least somewhat an RPG (or it wants to be somewhat of an RPG)--it feels like maybe Bungie could learn something about creative solutions to problems . . . but again, I'm not smart enough to analyze that like some others might be able to.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread