Bite-sized Backstory 14: Oryx - The Taken King (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 15:54 (2682 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don't remember the specifics of Halo 4 Prometheans, are they different from Halo 5 Prometheans? I think those are more fun than Taken. They telegraph where they're going to end up, so they're not as annoying as the Taken that teleport more randomly.

The Halo 4 ones had strong shields that took a lot of normal fire to get down and then took a couple of headshots to damage the head armor then a final headshot to kill them... except it seemed like they ALWAYS transported like around behind a building or corner right as you broke their shield and their simple act of transporting kicked off their shield recharge meaning that if you didn't immediately get shots on them they would be back to full health by the time you found them again. That they showed you where they went didn't really help if you couldn't get there in time to finish them off!

The Halo 5 Knights were a lot more fun. Don't think they really had shields but they had multiple destructible points that you could damage and shoot off exposing weak points. With the right weapons and good aim you could kill them quickly but in hectic situations where you didn't have time to do careful aiming they could be much tougher and more dangerous. Even if they did teleport (which I don't really remember) it wasn't the "throw your controller across the room" type frustration that Halo 4 gave you when all your work was invalidated almost instantly.

Several units in Destiny teleport. Fallen Captains and Servitors, various Vex units, and several of the Taken, but usually they just cause you to miss a shot or two and even as annoying as that can be they rarely hide and even if they do you have so many ways to deal with enemies in Destiny that you didn't in Halo 4 that its not that big a deal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread