This is why I keep 2 controllers going at all times. (DBO)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 02, 2017, 18:04 (2664 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I bought one of those Energizer recharging stands that holds and charges 2 DS4 controllers. I keep my controllers in the stand whenever I'm not using them so they're always fully charged, and if I manage to kill the battery in one of them over the course of a single play session, I just throw it in the stand and grab the other one.

Energizer makes a stand for Xbox One controllers, too (which I also have). It comes with rechargeable packs that go into the controllers, and a replacement cover with a port in it so you can charge the controllers just by slipping them into the stand. Works beautifully well.

* Pro tip *

You may have done this already, but you can reduce the brightness of the LED on the DS4, which helps out with the battery life.

If you want to have a spare controller around, the updated DS4 is on sale right now for $40. It's almost identical to the regular DS4, minus some cosmetic touches. I'd definitely recommend having a spare in the charger if you're not a fan of cables.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread