My latest "why doesn't every game do this?" feature (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 25, 2017, 16:32 (2619 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On the playlist menu screen, there is a "checklist" that runs along the bottom of the screen. This checklist shows an icon for each game mode featured in Titanfall 2. When you select the "Mixtape" playlist, all game modes are "checked" or "turned on" by default. You can then check or uncheck the various game modes on the list, allowing you to customize your own personal "mixtape" playlist. Want to play a mix of Attrition, CTF, and Pilot vs Pilot? Select those 3 options. Only want to play Last Titan Standing? Un-check all other options on the list.

It's so simple, yet so brilliant. Hope to see this design work its way into more games in the future (hint hint, Bungie <3)

Dice has had that for a while on Battlefield (combining refined server searches with usually-detailed Servers), it's definitely convenient, and a no-brainer to help populate playlists. Real glad that Respawn consolidated playlists like this. I often want to play LTS, but I have more luck finding a game in Mixtape than going into the dedicated LTS playlist.

On an unrelated but topical note, one thing that really stood out to me is a brilliant feature in the otherwise mediocre Ghost Recon Wildlands:
The game gives you matchmaking suggestions based on players that have a compatible playstyle to yours. Do you have a high stealth rating? It will suggest players who also have high stealth ratings. Like to go in guns blazing? How about joining one of these trigger-happy folks?

Really neat stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread