So...I think I'm done. (Gaming)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 03:57 (2570 days ago)

I've been MIA for a while now. Not that I expected anyone to notice, but I felt it was important to let y'all know what's going on, instead of just silently fading away. :P

It's not you, it's me.

I'm not even that burnt out on anything, I still think Destiny was (is) a fun game, but I haven't played since early January. Heck, I haven't even turned my Xbox ON since then.

I guess ... I guess my priorities have just shifted. I used to trade off nights working on RC planes and playing Destiny, but since coming back from Christmas/New-Years vacation I just haven't had the same desire to go back to my Xbox. I thought maybe it would just be another short-term hiatus and I'd go back, refreshed and ready for more, but I just don't want to, not the way I used to. Every night after getting my son to bed and discussing the day with my wife, I find myself wanting to get back to planes.

Also, my son: He's almost 4. When I think about all the different things I want to teach him, how I want to spend my time with him during these early years; I want to teach him to tie knots, use tools, build anything he can imagine out of foam, wire and glue, swim, climb trees, fly stuff .....Xbox video games just don't rate high.

It's not that my opinion about video games has changed - I still think they're good fun and I would still have fun playing them - they're just not on my radar. Like, at all.

SOOOOO....to that end, I'll be boxing up my Xbox and its accessories and selling 'em off (yes, to pay for more airplaney stuff) very soon. I don't think I'll miss it, but time will tell. I'll still be around here - this community is arguably more fun than the game it was formed around :P - but I won't be found on XboxLive anymore.

Will I be back ever? Who knows. Probably....possibly...I'm sure this isn't the last XboxOne we'll ever see, so getting back into it shouldn't be hard at all.

It's been real fun guys and gals. I'll certainly miss some of the people, antics and such, but I won't miss the game.

Peace.

~ Ben

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread