Gameplay video of D2 social space "The Farm" *Spoilers* (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 20:55 (2486 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The space seems cool from a functionality point of view, and it certainly fits thematically with where our guardians are in the story of D2 (on the ropes, trying to rebuild, etc).
I do hope, however, that we get other social spaces fairly soon. All of the spaces in D1 had a certain majestic quality that I really enjoy, and I'm not getting that vibe from this new space at all so far. It's practical, but kinda dull (as one might expect from a farm).

Meh. I never really liked the view from the Vestian Outpost. Always felt like a bunch of nonsensical jumble of ship and station parts all heavily obscured by a nebula that has only its overwhelming purplenessto recommend it. It’s certainly not interesting. Similarly, the ship hovering endlessly at a frustratingly difficult to judge distance adds little, and the fighters flying by are traveling in fairly unimaginative parallel vectors to each other and to the spaceward opening of the Outpost.

Sure, The Farm may not Tower over the last safe city on earth or Peak above a majestic mountain range, but I think it’ll be pretty cool if we’re essentially looking down into the sections of the EDZ that we’ll be exploring. Plus, it just looks that much more dynamic than any of the spaces we’ve seen so far. And if it really grows and changes like the Bungie guy said, even if it’s just getting faction reps / move civilians wandering around or working / members of the Vanguard, I’ll enjoy it all the more.

Yeah like I said, all the functionality stuff has me really excited. I just mean from a purely visual point of view, it does nothing to make me want to spend time there.

I fully agree about the Reef, by the way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread