Update: This game is a dumpster fire (Off-Topic)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, July 10, 2017, 09:18 (2491 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

How in the hell did this game make it to release? And why are there still game-breaking bugs three months after launch!?

Don't get me wrong. The game is a fun and pretty pile of garbage, but it's still frustratingly broken.

Two bugs in particular have nearly ended my game.

When clearing the flophouse, the 2nd floor shutters wouldn't open. Did a quick Google search to make sure I wasn't missing anything and it turns out that this is just a bug that quite a few people have run into. If I can't clear the flophouse, I can't complete the task required to settle Elaaden. Luckily, I remembered Bionic Blink accidentally blinking me through ramps (nearly sending me to my death), and I managed to glitch my way into the building to start the encounter. Fixed one bug with another.

On Peebee's loyalty mission, I reached a point where I set up a turret, killed a bunch of guys, found a gate switch, set up another turret, and tried to kill another bunch of guys but died. My checkpoint placed me behind the previous gate, standing by the switch, but it only opened half of the gate and wouldn't let me get back to the encounter that just killed me. While trying to find a way around, I backtracked to where I entered the area, climbed most of the way up the cliff that I jumped off of to drop in (that you're definitely NOT supposed to be able to climb back up). That forced the enemies in the area I was just in to respawn. Once I had killed them again, the other half of the gate opened.

There are TONS of other bugs in the game but they're more the silly "I'm talking to a human shadow because this NPC's textures didn't load properly," or "Isn't there supposed to be a whole colony here?" *POP* "Oh, there it is," variety and not the "I just wasted 60 hours and can't finish the game because Bioware doesn't know WTF playtesting is" kind of bug.

The game is a lot of fun when it works. I've already put a ton of time into the game trying to explore every square inch of every planet (except the Voeld vault, because F fighting in those tiny bubbles), squeeze every piece of dialogue out of every NPC, and just take in everything the game has for me. I'm just wondering when I'm going to find the bug that will finally end my game because I can't figure out how to glitch my way around their shitty programming.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread