A couple of fun Beta videos... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 23:52 (2470 days ago)

The first has some thoughts on the Dawnblade from someone who has mostly run Sunsinger through D1:

Basically, Dawnblade adds a number of things that I would have loved to see on a Sunsinger. Things like Angel of Light being integrated into the Glide gives it a more defined purpose, and gives Warlocks a distinct advantage in certain combat situations. It feels like passive abilities are more pronounced, making each class stand out from the others better, and the way Dawnblade's rift ability makes him a status/healer hybrid is really neat.

Losing Self-Rez isn't so bad when you can periodically cast a rift that keeps you and teammates from dying in the first place. I feel like it's one of those things that will keep Dawnblades essential in raids and such.

Likewise, having the Icarus dash helps make up for the fact that the glide is even slower now, and Focused burst is no longer the mandatory jump style for Warlocks. It's already saved my life a few times, and can be good for navigating.
That said, I'm having some trouble adjusting, as I tend to feather all jumps with an A,L2,A pattern, and L2 no longer breaks the jump. I feel like I really need one of those controllers with the paddles that those darn millenials use these days, because D1 Warlock jumps have become completely second nature to me, and a few hours into the Beta and I'm still making the same mistakes.

Also, No idea why folks say that enemies seem more bullet spongy. Other than the heavy Melee units, most enemies fall to the same number of shots as before with Better Devils... though landing headshots is a little tougher now...

The second clip is from my first match in Crucible, where we Mercy ruled the other team. I got ten kills, zero deaths, and a very happy Shaxx. He sure is chattier than ever:

Love ya, Shaxx!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread