Korny's VG Hype List (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 15:12 (2465 days ago) @ Korny

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Everything points to this being bad. Different folks, different direction, etc. If nothing else, it'll be a neat non-canon diversion. I think Rachel Amber worked better as a mysterious entity than as a character. Especially since I always had the feeling that she and Max maybe shared the same gift, and Rachel chose to sacrifice herself for whatever reason...

Ashly Burch writing for the game has me intrigued, at the very least. I'm with you, in that I think exploring Rachel Amber in a prequel is just a bad idea, but I'll probably give it a shot.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

More Uncharted. Nuff said.
Still, I'd be even happier with more Last of Us!

Some of the stuff they've said about this has me really excited. I loved Uncharted 4, and I like Chloe and Nadine, so I'm definitely in.

Gran Turismo Sport

Racing games, lol.

Mediocre racing games at that. I'd love for this to be their big response to Forza, but that ship seems like it sailed like . . . I dunno, around Forza 2. GT is pale shade of what it could be at this point.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds

That is my most hyped release for the rest of the year, hands down. I can't wait to jump back in.

Pyre (already released, but I won't be getting it until a bit from now, still stoked)

It's really good. It's gorgeous (#codywaswrong) and the sports game aspect of it is way more fun than it has any right to be.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Meh. I can't get over the awful, awful implementation of Tolkien's universe. My thoughts on this game would be much more positive if was skinned as literally anything else. Although I'd still think the first game was mediocre at best.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Remaster)

I was always intrigued by Dragon's Dogma, but never actually played it, so I'll definitely be looking at this.

I'd also add Mario Odyssey to my most hyped list, along with Stardew Valley on the Switch, which I'll definitely buy for a third time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread