I'm unsure? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 00:14 (2401 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 00:33

Variks The Loyal:

Throughout all the wars and battles the Eliksni have undertaken in our solar system, and despite all the powerful leaders that have risen up in opposition to the various pockets of Humanity, Variks, a lowly scribe from the Eliksni House of Judgment may yet be the most influential Eliksni of all. We’ll get to his story in a bit, but first I wanted to point out something interesting that he revealed to us with his own words:

Traveled with the many houses before Wolves. We move, across the dark. Follow the Light. Advise Kells, worshiped Primes. House Judgment must survive, yes?

-Variks The Loyal

Did you see that?! Variks claims to have been alive before the Eliksni found our star system!

With Rise of Iron, we learned that the Iron Lords were at the height of their power some 500 years before Destiny’s present day, and that some Iron Lords were fighting Fallen well before that. If Variks’ quote above is to be believed, he and a good number of other Eliksni might have been present during the Whirlwind. Even if he was born much later, it certainly seems he might have braved the part of the journey to our solar system in search of the Traveler. That would mean that Variks, and many other Eliksni, might very well be over 500 years old!

I don't necessarily see it. I'm glad to be wrong. I certainly don't have any grips on the timeline or the bigger picture at hand.

Maybe it is his signature pacing or broken English but I'm unsure? Do we have any other examples or source documentation that can help back up the lifecycle of an Eliksni/Fallen being? Do you have other knowledge or ideas from Grimoire/game that are letting you jump to this conclusion?

Throughout history (in the classical sense), one traditional facet (amongst many others, some of which are not lowly) of being a Scribe entails that you are a record keeper that copies and retells history through various forms (generally writing/manuscript and dictation). Does telling/retelling the history/story of a people mean that the story teller was there during the event being described? Not necessarily.
He doesn't say specifically "I Traveled" and the word "WE moved" can be used in a number of different ways that doesn't definitively express personal involvement? (lol "It depends on what the meaning of the word is is")
Do we know what the 'rank'/caste of Scribe means to The Fallen/Eliksni?

---Edit---
Skolas: Captured

and
Skolas: Defeated

Both cards are interesting

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread