Possible misleading info... (light *SP*) (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Sunday, September 10, 2017, 11:16 (2471 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Yesterday I realized that clan rewards are awarded to all 3 characters. I was about 1/3 of the way through the story with an alt (Thanks to a fireteam event Thursday). I decided to see where I could actually access those rewards.

Short answer is in the new tower area, after the main storyline. They did not seem to be available at all at the farm, even though I could get my clan banner at the farm.

I should note that I plan on playing one main, and dabble occasionally on other characters, like I have the past year plus on D1, which is a much better time balance for me. I did want to get access to the "full rewards", which disappointingly push me to having 3 characters at end-game status.

Also of note is that I finished the campaign just after I hit 18. When I got an exotic from zavala at the end of the main storyline, I was boosted to level 20.

I found something a little disturbing though. My high level weapons held on my warlock, and even my vault, did not count for LL reward increases on this second character. Once I moved a couple weapons from my vault and off my warlock, my LL rewards (hunter cloak from ikora, engram reward from zavala) jumped by 15 light. Now I was lvl 18 at the time, but the moved items were 17+ legendaries, so I don't understand why they did not count towards higher light level -- once equipped, they did indeed boost things. I am unclear why, and that seems to contradict the "anytime anywhere" thing they've been touting. Maybe that only applies to drops? Unclear.

---

In this process I also found that infusion has one other wrinkle. I can't cross-class infuse items. So my warlock exotic helm (that I have 2 of) is a useless pile of slag as far as infusing for my other classes. This is a mixed bag -- it means that for armor, only playing one character is fine, I am not missing out. But for weapons, I would still be missing out on 2 extra "free" engram clan rewards, one for each other character, plus any other rewards the other characters could earn. So it still pays to have extra characters, and those rewards will be tied to the other character's LL's, but it won't be as big of an advantage to the super hardcore... unless they go all-in.

It also means I can't much benefit from casually playing other classes, in order to keep up with others I'd have to put in the time and play each of those characters more than I have in the past, which is a bit disappointing. It's not a huge change, but it is an increase to the time system if you're not playing 3 characters heavily. I'm not sure how many are in this situation like I am, it's kind of a mixed bag. I like playing a little less than some, but it sometimes feels like the reward lock-outs hurt that a little. (i.e. running the raid twice on one character vs running it twice on 2 different ones -- it will be harder to keep that second character geared up enough to do this occasionally, requiring more time if you play this way)

So good news! Clan rewards are across all 3 characters! Disappointing that infusion for armor is class specific. (Possible note, I have only tried cross-infusion with exotics, not legendaries, though I would expect this to be the same)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread