We can only hope to be so lucky. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 00:17 (2469 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is wonderful news.

A no grind raid! If Bungie fixes infusion, then I'll be out of things to complain about.

You Dingle Berry.

To be fair, he's right.

There's a hashtag for that.

But it's not just the armor issue. You also must match weapon type while infusing. I just got a 293 sidearm. Too bad I don't like sidearms. Before I could infuse that into something I'd use. Now? I'm out of luck.

You have two options:

1. Git gud. The new system encourages you to experiment with weapons that you otherwise would never use. Who knows, maybe you just haven't found the right sidearm (I hated sidearms until I got the Tresspasser, which I once used almost exclusively on a trip to the Lighthouse.

2. Keep it in your inventory/vault. It is still taken into account when giving you your next drop, so it's one of those things where it doesn't help you directly, but it does improve your drops henceforth.

I'd suggest the former. I picked up an Auto Rifle (Origin Story), and despite being somewhat let down by other ARs in the game, this one is now my primary PvP gun for the foreseeable future, all because I was encouraged to play around with it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread