Disagree (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 13:27 (2389 days ago) @ Kahzgul

It accelerates to the point that it is moving WAY faster than light. The fact that we have a view from far outside the galaxy which shows the light emanating from within the galaxy so quickly that it encompasses the entire galaxy in only a few seconds... That's much faster than light.

It may just be an illustrative mechanism. But I buy the acceleration.

I'd like to think it works somehow to affect the nature of being of things, much like gravity, in that the effects of density on space are not slow and spreading, but instantaneous. Although instead of gravity we're talking about some other phenomena that affects the alive/dead state of biomatter.

Because I have to believe a pulse from the Traveller would render useless all the Vex Milk on hand, were there ever an effort by them to capture it.

And since we're talking about space magic, there's no real need to assume the effect of that pulse has travel time. I think the only point necessary to convey in the cinematic was "Very Far-Away Bad Guys Notice The Traveller".

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread