Okay. The Campaign Thing. (SP?) (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 20:55 (2429 days ago)

Here is what I am dissatisfied with in terms of the campaign. I finished it, good story, enjoyable, nice to play and everything. But the main thing that annoys and frustrates me—once you're done, you're done. You can't do any of the Story missions over, except for three RNG's at the Tower--one at a time, to boot!?

No, Bungie. That is a big no-no.

While progressing and becoming stronger is the main endgame solution; strong enough to take on the toughest challenges of Nightfall and Raids, we still need those missions available. For reference, study, challenges, or just to recap. It's absolutely senseless to remove all stories--even after completing the game--and limiting them to three random "Meditations" that don't really earn you much more to begin with, despite the light level being meteorically raised to match yours.

I can go on Destiny 1 right now(in fact, I did a few days ago; should've stayed with all the awesome stuff I missed) and pick nearly any story mission and shove right off to the adventure of my choice.

Destiny 2 hasn't been out for two weeks, and I've "run out of stuff" to do.

I put that in quotations, because I still have a handful of Adventures to do(already cleared Titan and 75% of Nessus), still haven't done Nightfall, and the Raid seems like a very distant future type thing. But I've cleared out everything that can be bought with fake money!

Here's what needs to happen to campaign, and soon:

Bring back all—or as many applicable—campaign missions to freely choose at default/original light level.
Little to no rewards; Either a couple rares, or some Gunsmith parts and planet tokens.
Enable Meditations to be multi-claimed. No one is overjoyed having to go to the new Tower, walk all the way over to the Bazaar, select a mission, back out, go to the little gyroscope thing, do the mission and then fly back to the new tower, three times in a row.
Give Meditations the 'Daily Heroic' treatment. Add on a skull or two, float the light level to a good Heroic weight, and bring in more opportunities at good/better stuff.
First cleared Meditation gives you 5-10 Legendary rocks, a Legendary Engram, and a couple of base mean rares.
Second cleared Meditation gives more rocks, more rares, and the chance of up to two Legendaries.
Third straight Meditation; slight chance for an Exotic. That's a brand new gold, or at the least, infusion soup.

People get the chance to work a little harder to earn rewards that they like, or they can enjoy the storytelling once again, without having to wait [x] number of weeks.

I like to transcribe Story Missions and Strikes on Destinypedia in my spare time, and I haven't even touched my Hunter or Titan, knowing I need to be completely thorough because I can only do them once each. And then there's different dialogue for new players, too? I have to make a new Xbox Live gamertag?

I'm screwed!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread