This week's Nightfall: 22 minutes flat, Daybreak returns! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 03:30 (2465 days ago)
edited by Korny, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 04:23

Nightfall: Pyramidian, IO

Modifiers
Torrent - Boundless power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster. Use them to shatter your foes
Timewarp - Zero Hour: The mission timer CANNOT be extended. Choose your battle carefully

Timer - You have 22 Minutes to complete this weeks Nightfall.
Prestige Nightfall Timer - 17 Minutes

Flashpoint: IO, as everyone predicted.

Also, in Faction Rally, doing Heroic Public Events grants you eight Faction Tokens a pop, Three for a Lost Sector (resets with the Lost Sector).

And here's Tess's's stock:

[image]

And sure, you could join Dead Emo if you want, but New Monarchy's shader is basically the Iron Man color scheme, and boy does it look gorgeous on everything:

[image][image]

This week's Nightfall: 22 minutes flat, Daybreak returns!

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 06:52 (2465 days ago) @ Korny

And sure, you could join Dead Emo if you want, but New Monarchy's shader is basically the Iron Man color scheme, and boy does it look gorgeous on everything:

[image][image]

Their weapon this week is a kinetic sidearm.

Just sayin'.

That’s a dealbreaker there

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 07:35 (2465 days ago) @ narcogen

Shame. That’s a nice looking shader but deliberately trying for a non-exotic sidearm just isn’t in my wheel house.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 07:38 (2465 days ago) @ CougRon

Just sign up for Dead Orbit on an alt to get that Scout Rifle for cheap when they inevitably win. That’s what I’m going to do.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 07:43 (2465 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Just sign up for Dead Orbit on an alt to get that Scout Rifle for cheap when they inevitably win. That’s what I’m going to do.

Sadly, that's what I'm doing to. My Titan is loyal to New Monarchy all the way, but free stuff is still free stuff.

Also, that shader is probably going to be my favorite shader in all of D2.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 08:52 (2465 days ago) @ narcogen

[image][image]

Their weapon this week is a kinetic sidearm.

Just sayin'.

That's just the irrelevant weapon that's going to be 50,000 regardless. I'm already getting weapons from the Tokens (seriously, they're the easiest packages to get).
Still, even the sidearm looks appealing to me. Full auto with Kinetic rounds? I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a real threat among sidearms.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 11:56 (2464 days ago) @ Korny

But but but a sidearm! It’s gotta have full auto with tracking explosive Wolfpack rounds before I so much as twitch an eyebrow.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 28, 2017, 03:45 (2463 days ago) @ CougRon

But but but a sidearm! It’s gotta have full auto with tracking explosive Wolfpack rounds before I so much as twitch an eyebrow.

I will concede that sidearms are nowhere near as powerful as they were in D1... still, you inspired me to go into Crucible and use nothing but sidearms (including the very first one that the game gives you). What could go wrong?

Questions...

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 21:11 (2464 days ago) @ Korny

I have yet to attempt a Nightfall.

I understand there is a timer. What’s the Prestige timer? I’m guessing better loot?

What did you mean by extending the mission timer and choosing battles carefully?

Crazymoose117 and I need to run the Nightfall for Rat King. Is it doable this week?

Questions...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 23:15 (2464 days ago) @ Oholiab

I have yet to attempt a Nightfall.

I understand there is a timer. What’s the Prestige timer? I’m guessing better loot?

There are two versions of the Nightfall. The regular 240 Light one, and the "Prestige" version, which is 300 Light, gives you less time, and has tougher enemies. Themain draw for it is an aura that you can wear on your character for the week.

What did you mean by extending the mission timer and choosing battles carefully?

All nightfalls up to this point have had a number of mechanics available to extend your timer. Sometimes it's involved literally jumping through hoops to add 30 seconds to your time remaining, and recently it's required players to find and shoot glowing blue anomalies to extend the clock.

This week has none of that. You get 22 minutes to do the Nightfall, and since you can skip a number of fights if you're quick and clever enough, you are encouraged to do so in order to save as much time as possible for the final boss.

Crazymoose117 and I need to run the Nightfall for Rat King. Is it doable this week?

With the Daybreak-ish modifier available, it is definitely the easiest Nightfall so far, but the limited clock is your biggest enemy for the Rat King. It's doable of course, but you'd have to hit the ground running, and you'd need to make sure that you're reviving teammates as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 23:18 (2464 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread