getting faction tokens is ridiculously easy (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 07:27 (2455 days ago)

not sure if there is anything bungie can do to fix this, other than to nerf the drop rates, or put an invisible cool down in like with planetary resources.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/72jne9/ive_already_discovered_a_super_fast_farm_rout_for/

TLDR. go to EDZ. do the lost sector inside the church. Don't bother with the chest, just kill everything, you'll get a bunch of tokens. run all the way back out until you see that name "Trostland" appear, that means you loaded into a new instance. go back to the lost sector and repeat.

People are stupid.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 07:41 (2455 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

The same people that bitch about nothing to do and no grind play the game like this. Bungie just can’t win.

People are stupid.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 17:41 (2454 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Someone told me a metaphor once that I love.

If you had a video game where you got 9 points for having sex with the Swedish Bikini Team (the WHOLE team), or got 10 points for stabbing yourself in the dick, there's a subsection of gamers who would stab themselves in the dick all day. Some people just want the internet points and don't care how fun (or unfun) a task is.

Let them do that

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 08:05 (2455 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

As long as they are pledged to FWC!

OMG, we have something in common! :)

by DEEP_NNN, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 09:32 (2455 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

getting faction tokens is ridiculously easy

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 08:57 (2455 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

not sure if there is anything bungie can do to fix this, other than to nerf the drop rates, or put an invisible cool down in like with planetary resources.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/72jne9/ive_already_discovered_a_super_fast_farm_rout_for/

TLDR. go to EDZ. do the lost sector inside the church. Don't bother with the chest, just kill everything, you'll get a bunch of tokens. run all the way back out until you see that name "Trostland" appear, that means you loaded into a new instance. go back to the lost sector and repeat.

Yes, that is exactly what I said two posts below this one. The chests reset with the Lost Sector, which resets as soon as you hit the checkpoint when going back out. Still, it's not a lot of fun, and I found myself getting far more faster simply by doing public events in the EDZ, which are never in short supply.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 09:25 (2455 days ago) @ Korny

Yes, that is exactly what I said two posts below this one. The chests reset with the Lost Sector, which resets as soon as you hit the checkpoint when going back out.

A) technically, that not exactly what you said
B) you said it in a post about the nightfall, so i didn't see it.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 09:36 (2455 days ago) @ Schedonnardus
edited by Korny, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 09:42

Yes, that is exactly what I said two posts below this one. The chests reset with the Lost Sector, which resets as soon as you hit the checkpoint when going back out.

A) technically, that not exactly what you said
B) you said it in a post about the nightfall, so i didn't see it.

That sounds like a reading comprehension issue then, I feel. Either way, even doing that simple church one took a while, and none of the other sectors are faster for that strategy (the crates get spawned randomly around the rooms, so the bigger LS take twice as long).

In the time it took me to grab 12 tokens, I could have done three public events and gotten 24 tokens out of it. This is one of those "exploits" that is simply just easy to do, but doesn't really get you leveled up faster, and once people's brain cells start firing, they'll completely abandon it in favor of simply doing Public Events.

Either way, the comment that I saw on Reddit sums things up nicely:

This sub on Monday: "There's nothing to do!!!"
This sub on Tuesday: "Here's the fastest way to go back to having nothing to do."

Them darn "race to the finish" folks... ;)

There's a limit to armor and weapon rewards.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 12:19 (2455 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46312

Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.

If you want shaders, farm away I guess.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 12:21 (2455 days ago) @ bluerunner

30 Engrams seems like a decent amount, assuming they always actually drop Faction gear and don’t include the entire loot table.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 12:30 (2455 days ago) @ cheapLEY

30 Engrams seems like a decent amount, assuming they always actually drop Faction gear and don’t include the entire loot table.

Can confirm that (so far) they have a guaranteed drop of both faction gear and/or weapons and shader, with a chance at a bonus random/PS4-exclusive armor drops like all other engrams.

The THAB post pretty much also confirms that they have a chance to drop from the general pool of bonus stuff, but the Faction loot seems guaranteed:

[image]

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 12:39 (2455 days ago) @ bluerunner

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46312

Faction Engram Reward Limit: After a Character has earned 30 Faction Engrams in a single Faction Rally event, any additional Faction Engrams earned will only reward that Character with Shaders. This limit will be reset at the beginning of the next Faction Rally event.

If you want shaders, farm away I guess.

also, it states that the lost sector farming does not work with a fireteam. only the person that destroys the crates gets the coins. so you can either run back and forth by yourself, or you can do public events and other stuff with friends.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:31 (2454 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Can confirm, with one exception -- sometimes there is a thing to scan in addition to the exploding crates, all party members can scan this item for 5 tokens.

Sounds roughly as fun as the alternative.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 18:56 (2454 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread