An unexpected failure in the Gauntlet. (Destiny)

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 08:52 (2454 days ago)

I was chosen to be a runner. No problem, I watched a video (not enough apparently).

I'm inside waiting for the shield wall to go down. We're off! I look at the wall of holes and ... nothing changes. People are screaming for instructions up until their death throes. The wall of holes was a blank mystery to me. Another attempt, same result. WTF!

So I ask, what was supposed to change? They turn red, was the answer. I say they're already red. Then it hits me, my colour problems. I can't easily perceive the red circle around a red hole. Subsequent attempts helped me figure it out but I may not be able to be a runner because of the time it takes me to process the colours. In this case, I believe a simpler more obvious signal should be applied. Perhaps removing any colour from a hole?

An unexpected failure in the Gauntlet.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:07 (2454 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I haven't been a runner yet, but I thought the main distinction was which row the orb you have to collect is in. It seemed like we quickly decided that the circle lighting up red didn't really matter or always matched which level (bottom, middle, top) you were supposed to jump through. Maybe a runner will chime in shortly and confirm / destroy my assumptions here. :)

Also, do the colorblind options help at all there?

An unexpected failure in the Gauntlet.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:30 (2454 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I haven't been a runner yet, but I thought the main distinction was which row the orb you have to collect is in. It seemed like we quickly decided that the circle lighting up red didn't really matter or always matched which level (bottom, middle, top) you were supposed to jump through. Maybe a runner will chime in shortly and confirm / destroy my assumptions here. :)

Also, do the colorblind options help at all there?

Never had to time to change my colour blind settings for a test. BTW, those changes don't usually affect the global colours. Only certain things like radar colour, enemy highlites, and engrams.

In D1, I couldn't tell the difference between blue and purple engrams without using colour blind settings. Red radar sectors were difficult to perceive until I changed them to yellow.

What happens

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:13 (2454 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

You are running clockwise, if the person at your wall is standing on his button one circle turns red, the rest are blue. So yeah if you have colorblindness that affects telling red from blue you won't he able to do that part unless the colorblindness settings work. (I know that red blue colorblindness isn't really a thing, but I also know it depends on how "blue" it is, if I can find a picture of it I'll post it)

Here's what it looks like

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:29 (2454 days ago) @ Xenos

The circles that aren't red switch between these two colors:

[image]

[image]

Here's what it looks like

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:34 (2454 days ago) @ Xenos

My first experiences, those all looked blue/white merging into the red hole. Iterations helped me see a difference but time will tell if I can be quick enough at it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread