Yet Another Playstation Exclusive - Puppies!!! (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 10:10 (2438 days ago)

Yet Another Playstation Exclusive - Puppies!!!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 10:17 (2438 days ago) @ CougRon

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-2-has-a-secret-strike-intro-about-puppies-that-broke-zavalas-voice-actor/?utm_conte...

Yet another reason to hate excusives that last more then a few weeks.

I had forgotten, until now, that the PS people even got an extra strike. Thanks for reminding me...

While we're talking about that Strike...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 29, 2017, 10:37 (2438 days ago) @ CougRon

http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-2-has-a-secret-strike-intro-about-puppies-that-broke-zavalas-voice-actor/?utm_conte...

The dialogue in that Strike pretty much confirms that Oryx's sisters have gained control of the Taken now; or at least Ghost believes so, given the evidence that he found in the Books of Sorrow.

That's kind of huge.

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, September 29, 2017, 12:24 (2438 days ago) @ Korny

That's kind of huge.

Yep. Given that the segment of the audience playing on multiple platforms is pretty slim; anyone not on the platform featuring the exclusives gets a less-complete story.

Seems legit.

~m

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 29, 2017, 12:33 (2438 days ago) @ Malagate

That's kind of huge.

Yep. Given that the segment of the audience playing on multiple platforms is pretty slim; anyone not on the platform featuring the exclusives gets a less-complete story.

Seems legit.

~m

Well, I meant in the sense that we should probably be discussing the information itself, not whether it's directly available on what console. Anyway, now that you do know, I think it's worth speculating over.

Supposedly, the events on Io have drawn the Taken there, and I suspect Savathûn controls those, given the whole deal with the Traveler's Light, while the "more organized" Taken on Earth are probably led by Xivu Arath, the more militant of Oryx's sisters, and the one actively making new Taken...

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, September 29, 2017, 12:47 (2438 days ago) @ Korny

Well, I meant in the sense that we should probably be discussing the information itself, not whether it's directly available on what console. Anyway, now that you do know, I think it's worth speculating over.

Supposedly, the events on Io have drawn the Taken there, and I suspect Savathûn controls those, given the whole deal with the Traveler's Light, while the "more organized" Taken on Earth are probably led by Xivu Arath, the more militant of Oryx's sisters, and the one actively making new Taken...

I'd really love to see and hear this stuff developed further ingame, or simply via cinematics, despite my feelings on how well the Ghaul cutscenes meshed with everything else. The way some of the more interesting and intricate parts of the world have been built out in voiceovers really doesn't do the content justice, imo.

And I'm all about more Ikora and story stuff happening on Io, but holy crap I could go on for days about my issues with Asher Mir. Ugh.

~m

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 12:51 (2438 days ago) @ Malagate

And I'm all about more Ikora and story stuff happening on Io, but holy crap I could go on for days about my issues with Asher Mir. Ugh.

Yep. I rarely go on Io purely because of him talking.

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:02 (2438 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

See, the cranky old man who's a genius but can't be bothered with the immediate matters (because he's above them) is cool. Good use of archetype; but I feel the way he's written he's SO pretentious, and SO dismissive of so many finer details (or ends up being wrong, with no follow up explanation), that I can't take him seriously. He adds nothing, he's just annoying. Captain Teatime in the EDZ adds plenty of color, and has his "annoying" habit of nerding out on pronunciation, but *that* adds a little depth and a slight tension between him and other characters. I think it's played well. Asher is 100% abrasive 100% of the time.

Like the lake of radiolaria that wasn't there. I never got the feeling he had any clue as to why it wasn't, just that HIS readings should have been correct. And that just sticks with me in a bad way; because the dude is literally fused with Vex tech, supposedly a genius, and it doesn't occur to him that we would be witnessing the Vex alter things a la the Vault to thwart us??

That thar be a man fused to machines he doesn't understand...

~m

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:20 (2438 days ago) @ Malagate

See, the cranky old man who's a genius but can't be bothered with the immediate matters (because he's above them) is cool. Good use of archetype; but I feel the way he's written he's SO pretentious, and SO dismissive of so many finer details (or ends up being wrong, with no follow up explanation), that I can't take him seriously. He adds nothing, he's just annoying. Captain Teatime in the EDZ adds plenty of color, and has his "annoying" habit of nerding out on pronunciation, but *that* adds a little depth and a slight tension between him and other characters. I think it's played well. Asher is 100% abrasive 100% of the time.

Yeah, this is what I didn't like about him. If he was abrasive even 70% of the time I would have been okay with it. It's just that he had no tolerance whatsoever. I'm amazed that he hasn't been shot by someone. And I'm not talking about the bad guys.

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:51 (2438 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Asher is 100% abrasive 100% of the time.

Yeah, this is what I didn't like about him. If he was abrasive even 70% of the time I would have been okay with it. It's just that he had no tolerance whatsoever. I'm amazed that he hasn't been shot by someone. And I'm not talking about the bad guys.

If you're a Warlock, he's less abrasive in direct conversation. One of his farewells is even "Warlock, don't let them see you bleed."

Plus, he does thank you for completing Public Events and such.

And he feels bad when you complete the Vex public event, though that's probably the Liquid Snake arm talking.

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 21:24 (2436 days ago) @ Korny

And he feels bad when you complete the Vex public event, though that's probably the Liquid Snake arm talking.

So the arm contains nanomachines and he's just kind of faking it?

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 02, 2017, 06:44 (2435 days ago) @ Korny

Asher is 100% abrasive 100% of the time.

If you're a Warlock, he's less abrasive in direct conversation. One of his farewells is even "Warlock, don't let them see you bleed."

Plus, he does thank you for completing Public Events and such.

After playing through Io a third time with my Warlock, I think I finally know what truely bugs me about him. It's that he shows absolutely no respect for what others do. I mean, it freaking rails on Zavala as a dim witted Titan who's only plan is to head butt a space station. I mean, I have history with Zavala. I know the amount of work and effort Zavala and other gaurdians have done. But Asher just treats them as gaurdians that are out there having fun blowing stuff up. That alone makes me not like him. I know of the work Zavala has done. I know of the work I have done right in front of Asher. And he barely pulls of a "good work".

Heck, Asher doesn't even show much regard to his two fire team members that are dead! His middle name should be disrespect. I don't give a damn what he has been through. Okay, I'm done now :D

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 02, 2017, 11:19 (2435 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Heck, Asher doesn't even show much regard to his two fire team members that are dead! His middle name should be disrespect. I don't give a damn what he has been through. Okay, I'm done now :D

He doesn't show much regard for his fireteam because he purposely avoids talking about them because it is such a painful memory. There is one variant in the Strike on Io where Ikora starts questioning him about his team and he says something along the lines of:

"They were by my side... until they weren't. And I will speak no more of them."

It's a very subdued moment for him that is in such sharp contrast to all his other ranting. I think it shows he cared for them a great deal and both died possibly to save him. It's why he is so obsessed not just with killing the Vex Mind at the heart of the, Pyramidion, he's in it for straight up revenge.

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, September 29, 2017, 16:40 (2438 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I just want to complete the public events without his unbearable racket. My head!

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:18 (2438 days ago) @ Malagate

More like, Asperger Mir.

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 29, 2017, 12:50 (2438 days ago) @ Korny

That's kind of huge.

Seems legit.

~m

Xivu Arath never seems super bright. Sure that wouldn't be reversed? Savathun discovering the secret to Taking things and Xivu Arath leading the remaining taken in combat against the Cabal / Vex / City?

Oh, just a teensy bit.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:16 (2438 days ago) @ Korny

Supposedly, the events on Io have drawn the Taken there, and I suspect Savathûn controls those,

One of the Elites that comes out of the portal during one of the missions is literally called Savathûn's whatever (hand or eye or something).

Taken need more variety

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:27 (2438 days ago) @ Korny

Oryx had been enslaving various species for millennia. I think that we should have to fight some crazy "WTF is that!?" Taken, instead of just re-skins of currently known enemies. What about Taken Guardians? Taken Dragons? Taken Taken?

Taken need more variety

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:29 (2438 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Oryx had been enslaving various species for millennia. I think that we should have to fight some crazy "WTF is that!?" Taken, instead of just re-skins of currently known enemies. What about Taken Guardians? Taken Dragons? Taken Taken?

Also, the taken have new abilities from their "mutation" in the void, why haven't their forms been mutated as well? And you make a good point about how many species Oryx has taken.

Taken need more variety

by Durandal, Monday, October 02, 2017, 11:38 (2435 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Also, the taken have new abilities from their "mutation" in the void, why haven't their forms been mutated as well? And you make a good point about how many species Oryx has taken.

Doesn't Eris say that most lifeforms don't survive being taken long enough to see them mutate significantly? Mr. Voidballface I never do this when void burn is on strike?

It could be that there is a limit to the taken life span and that it's rare for anything to hang around too long.

Taken need more variety

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, October 02, 2017, 12:50 (2435 days ago) @ Durandal

Doesn't Eris say that most lifeforms don't survive being taken long enough to see them mutate significantly? Mr. Voidballface I never do this when void burn is on strike?

It could be that there is a limit to the taken life span and that it's rare for anything to hang around too long.

That definitely sounds plausible. I don't remember the Eris quote, but I believe you. If they don't live that long, it seems there would be much more activity from who ever is doing the taking. I mean, if you slow down, you don't have enough troops to replenish your troops.

Taken need more variety

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, September 29, 2017, 13:31 (2438 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Shadow Thralls are pretty Taken Taken.

Did we ever get the PS4 D1 exclusives we were promised?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 29, 2017, 11:07 (2438 days ago) @ CougRon

That one Strike? Jade Rabbit? Etc...?

Nope. Never Will Either.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, September 29, 2017, 11:20 (2438 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

/me pages Claude...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 29, 2017, 11:23 (2438 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

*Desperately starts saving content*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 29, 2017, 11:41 (2438 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Korny, Friday, September 29, 2017, 11:46

You'll get* the stuff next month.

I am curious about whether Xbox will get Sublime Engrams, or if the Playstation armors will simply be added to the loot pool (and if you'll need RoI to get them).

*RNG notwithstanding.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, September 29, 2017, 14:51 (2438 days ago) @ Korny

You'll get* the stuff next month.

I am curious about whether Xbox will get Sublime Engrams, or if the Playstation armors will simply be added to the loot pool (and if you'll need RoI to get them).

*RNG notwithstanding.

I'm curious about this, too.

And yeah, xbox players get access to it all in the next few weeks. No need to dismantle the site (yet).

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 29, 2017, 16:39 (2438 days ago) @ Korny

[image]

Splain reference?

by Funkmon @, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 19:19 (2436 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Splain reference?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 30, 2017, 21:14 (2436 days ago) @ Funkmon

Claude said he'd shut down bungie.org if Bungie never gave Xbox owners the PS4 content for Destiny.

Yet Another Playstation Exclusive - Puppies!!!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 29, 2017, 11:10 (2438 days ago) @ CougRon

Woah. I've only played that strike one time, and that's the dialogue I got. I had no idea it was rare!

I heard that with peaks and dogcow. It's awesome. :D

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, September 29, 2017, 11:28 (2438 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread