Off-topic round-up. (The Witcher 3, Golf Story, Cuphead) (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 01, 2017, 16:25 (2408 days ago)

It's about time for another OT thread from me, so we'll jump right in.

I know that there are quite a few fans of The Witcher 3 here, so this first one is of particular note. Danny O'Dwyer's noclip visited CDProjekt Red to film a documentary. The first part is releasing tomorrow, with five parts to follow on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the next two weeks.

Here's a trailer:

I've been itching to jump back into this game for a while now (for the fifth time), and this might be the thing that drives me to do so. I've got a save right after the main story that's just waiting for me to go through the expansions again.

Up next is for you Nintendo Switch owners. Get Golf Story. It's a top-down 2D golf game, but it's also an RPG. It sounds ridiculous, but it is amazing. The golf game is very solid and fun, and the story is really charming. The writing is funny, and there's lots of little problems to solve (usually by hitting golf balls at something). Just a really fun little game for $15.

Here's a trailer:

Also, Stardew Valley for the Switch should be appearing soon. It passed cert last week. Still no release date, but it should be soon! I'll be buying it for a third time. The Switch seems like a perfect home for that game.

The third in final item is something I just want to ask others about, since I don't have an Xbox any more. How is Cuphead? I've seen videos and that game in motion is truly a thing of beauty.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread