Seattle suggestions (Off-Topic)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, December 04, 2017, 21:29 (2339 days ago) @ Kermit

While I am not there regularly, it's often been home enough that there are some things worth noting for checking in on.

Be warned that all of the food suggestions I provide are Vegan, and I know some folks get their flesh coverings in a bundle over that.

SAM and the MoPOP are both great. Albeit they aren't exactly secrets. The Seattle Center in general. It is definitely worth it to check out if there are events going on at any of the venues there. Chihuly Garden and Glass is neat, and worth the pass through if you are getting one of the all-access passes or w/e they call them. Same for Pike Place Market. The waterfront is great to hit at night, the Seattle Great Wheel is totally worth it.

Mighty-O Donuts are premium. I get a box whenever I pass through Seattle, without fail. Their Capitol Hill location is within walking distance of the Jimi Hendrix statue. There are a lot of neat galleries and odd shops in that area, too. Plum Bistro for some fancier dining. Their "Mac n Yease" is one of the best tasting things in town.

Personally my favorite place to pass through is the U District. Scarecrow Video is great just to wander around, even if you aren't gonna rent/buy anything. Araya's Place is probably my favorite Thai food in Washington. And (though I am sure some would disagree) the best French Toast you can get in Seattle is at Wayward Vegan Cafe.

And University Way is great to walk around. Pink Gorilla is definitely worth the stop. The Dreaming is probably one of my favorite comic shops anywhere. They are quite welcoming. There is a Farmer's Market (North of 50th st) on Saturdays that is usually worth a stop, whether for some of the foods or there usually being some variety of street artists or other wares. It is year round.

I won't suggest any bars without at least some inclination of your preferred bar experience. Because sending someone to a metal bar is very different from any of the bro bars or commuter bars.

You can only pack so much in a weekend though. So yeah.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread