Love it. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 09:26 (2326 days ago) @ Cody Miller

For the record my comment was: "I think the current 'controversy' about D2 is overblown, BTW. It boils down to youtubers gotta eat."

Yup. I’m sad that people who stream video games for a living have the power to drum up the controversy anyway. Hence the song. I am of course consoled by the fact the streamers most definitely do not get chicks for free.

Those same streamers and YouTubers that drum up that controversy are some of the same folks that were instrumental in bringing attention to the shit going on in Battlefront II. It goes both ways, and you don't get one without the other.

You are right, but that was about something important and they were right. The people criticizing Des2ny are off the mark in a lot of ways in my opinion.

I don't disagree with that at all.

I just I find it hard to lament the fact that they can stir up controversy about Destiny when they can also do it for worthy causes. Yes, the former happens far more than the latter, but you can remove their ability to talk about dumb shit without also removing their ability to talk about important things, too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread