Destiny QOL Issues from ArsTechnica (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 22:40 (2480 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I found it an interesting read.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/12/three-months-in-destiny-2-has-a-quality-of-life-problem/

True for most Ars articles. It's also one of the few places on the net where, if you sort by best comments, the comment section is actually worth reading.

I got Destiny 2 for free just like a week ago and... I'm baffled with the game, I just don't understand the hype. I was told it was an enormously fun MMOFPS, but where's the MMO in it? There is no trading between players, no zonewide chat, no chat with people near you, apparently no way of communicating with people other than whispering every single person and/or dancing/doing emotes next to them. Where are the guild-advertisements? There's this thing called "clans", but how are you supposed to find a clan to your liking when you can't talk with people? I haven't even found a way of listing the clans that exist! It's a very lonely experience for someone who is used to WoW and the likes!

Speaking of WoW, the game is filled with all sorts of activities, like e.g. pet-battles, professions, Darkmoon Faire-joyrides and oh so many different things that are there mostly just to provide you with an endless amount of stuff to do for fun. What's there in Destiny 2, though? Grinding gear. It's..... dull!

Seems like the common theme for Destiny in general. Just not enough content. In the Age where you have MMOs with decades of content (WoW, EVE), and even more comparable games with 3 to 4 years content (Warframe), you have to at least double the amount of content you thought was enough.

The dichotomy of hardcore players and casual players sounds like it's warring here as well. You have players who want 1k+ hours out of the game, and others who can only put in a few every week. That reality is HARD to work with.

------------------------------------------------------------

That's what tipped me off to the 50-100 hours post!

I agree it’s interesting to wonder how things changed between when that ViDoc was made and when the game came out.

I've been wondering that since year one. I'm still wondering. :/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread