THAB: Dawning edition (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 09:33 (2479 days ago)

Mayhem, Snowball Fights, a chance to get everything offered directly from Tess... Looks like a small event done right. Yay Live Team!

SNOW!!!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 09:40 (2479 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

THAB: Dawning edition

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 09:44 (2479 days ago) @ Korny

Mayhem, Snowball Fights, a chance to get everything offered directly from Tess... Looks like a small event done right. Yay Live Team!

Also, that last picture from the dawning page looks like there will be Hockey in the tower! interesting!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 10:58 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

We need a Fireteam Builder event to organize some social space games

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 11:04 (2479 days ago) @ CougRon

We need a Fireteam Builder event to organize some social space games

I agree. I've always wanted to do some in tower games but I'm always busy getting on to do something else.

DBO hockey tournament?! Day after Christmas maybe?

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 11:32 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

I Probably won’t be home that day

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:03 (2479 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:02 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Looks neat!

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 09:51 (2479 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Destiny comics? Lore people are about to be happy

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 10:10 (2479 days ago) @ Korny
edited by CougRon, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 10:15

- No text -

Should have hired Stuntmutt!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 10:31 (2479 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

No vault space.... no care

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 11:38 (2479 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Delete something man. You can’t want those greens that much

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:05 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:24 (2479 days ago) @ CougRon

My value is filled with Purple and Exotics (only because they have their ornaments on). They really need to do something about it. They can't keep giving us stuff and not allow us to keep our previous stuff. It's like picking between your 2 kids.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:26 (2479 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

My value is filled with Purple and Exotics (only because they have their ornaments on). They really need to do something about it. They can't keep giving us stuff and not allow us to keep our previous stuff. It's like picking between your 2 kids.

Except you don't have 2 kids, you have 30 of them. I frankly don't know how people can have so many things in their vault. I've been very lazy with organizing and have been throwing crap in their left and right and I'm still not full. Are you keeping every single unique item there is in the game?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:43 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Except you don't have 2 kids, you have 30 of them. I frankly don't know how people can have so many things in their vault. I've been very lazy with organizing and have been throwing crap in their left and right and I'm still not full. Are you keeping every single unique item there is in the game?

With no kiosks and limited ways to purchase weapons you want. Once you combine that with Bungie's history of completely changing the meta in crucible, there's no reason to not keep a variety of weapons you might not currently be using.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:53 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

With no kiosks and limited ways to purchase weapons you want.

For one, there are no kiosks but unless I'm mistaken, you can buy back any exotic. As for legendaries, there should never be a kiosk for those.

Once you combine that with Bungie's history of completely changing the meta in crucible, there's no reason to not keep a variety of weapons you might not currently be using.

But there are 200 slots!! Even if you have 3 characters, that is 65 slots for each character. that's 8 slots for every weapon and armor available for every character! that is a LOT of meta. In reality, you shouldn't even need to worry about weapons, because they can be passed between characters. So it is really just armor.

So I have to ask, how many weapons do you actually keep in case meta changes?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:02 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

For one, there are no kiosks but unless I'm mistaken, you can buy back any exotic. As for legendaries, there should never be a kiosk for those.

Once you combine that with Bungie's history of completely changing the meta in crucible, there's no reason to not keep a variety of weapons you might not currently be using.

But there are 200 slots!! Even if you have 3 characters, that is 65 slots for each character. that's 8 slots for every weapon and armor available for every character! that is a LOT of meta. In reality, you shouldn't even need to worry about weapons, because they can be passed between characters. So it is really just armor.

Since we have set rolls on weapons, why shouldn't there be kiosks? Trials Kiosk, Raid Kiosk, etc... once you've unlocked it on an account, why not just allow us to rebuy them at a low light level down the road?

[image]

I keep three of a very select few versions of weapons (uriels, raid rocket, etc..) This way I can have one of each elemental damage.

You are forgetting that we share 50 mod slots and 50 shader slots, yet we have way more mods and shaders then 50, do extras get thrown in the vault also.

For a loot based game, it sure is shitty design to limit us the ability to collect loot.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:11 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

For a loot based game, it sure is shitty design to limit us the ability to collect loot.

Gotta agree with this.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:28 (2479 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Gotta agree with this.

The one problem with this idea is that Bungie did not make any of the loot, apart from exotics, meant to be collected. You might argue this, and you have every right to :D

The reason I say this is because if all the items were meant to be collected and stored for memorabilia sake then we wouldn't have mods, shaders and light level. These mechanics, as well as the vault space, is meant to allow you to get the weapons you like using, customize them and level them up. It was not meant to allow you to collect all the weapons and armor. You can definitely try, but that was not how Destiny was designed.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:33 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Gotta agree with this.

but that was not how Destiny was designed.

1:25 mark

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:39 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by MacAddictXIV, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:43

Gotta agree with this.

1. we shouldn't use promotional material as evidence (Activision is watching) (also, this is a joke)

2. Just because a game has a ton of loot, and you can receive it, doesn't mean the game means for you to store every piece as if it was a trophy.

I personally can't think of a loot based game where I every had the ability to do this. The two I think of off the top of my head is Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3. The only game that was came close was The Witcher 3, where you could display your unique (green) witcher armors. And that took a DLC and even then you couldn't display ALL of the specific witcher armors you could find.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:44 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Gotta agree with this.

1. we shouldn't use promotional material as evidence (Activision is watching) (also, this is a joke)

2. Just because a game has a ton of loot, and you can receive it, doesn't mean the game means for you to store every piece as if it was a trophy.

I personally can't think of a loot based game where I every had the ability to do this. The two I think of off the top of my head is Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3. The only game that was came close was The Witcher 3, where you could display your unique (green) witcher armors. And that took a DLC and even then you couldn't display ALL of the specific witcher armors you could find.

There are at least two websites that keep track of how much of the available armor you have. One even makes it a competition, with leaderboards.

You can say that you don't see the point - but lots of people do.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:54 (2479 days ago) @ Claude Errera

There are at least two websites that keep track of how much of the available armor you have. One even makes it a competition, with leaderboards.

All I'm saying is that I believe that Bungie doesn't necessarily want the game to be about collecting every piece of armor and every weapon. They want it to be about finding the armor and weapons that you like using and making them your own. I'm not saying that people shouldn't try to find every weapon, because obviously, as you point out with the websites, that people do enjoy doing this.

I would just much rather them spend time fixing other things instead of adding kiosks and balancing a vault space that holds every weapon and armor piece.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:03 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I would just much rather them spend time fixing other things instead of adding kiosks and balancing a vault space that holds every weapon and armor piece.

There's a lot that needs to be fixed. What can't they add another page to your vault that is subdivided by plants/raids/crucible/trials/etc... just make it where once you unlock an item you can pull out the item for a set amount of currency. Either that or allow the vendors to operate like a kiosk once you unlock something. we have set rolls now, this should be much easier than it would have been in D1.

There are lots of issues, but with a DLC, the Dawning, and other live events hitting this problem is only getting worse.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:13 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

There's a lot that needs to be fixed. What can't they add another page to your vault that is subdivided by plants/raids/crucible/trials/etc... just make it where once you unlock an item you can pull out the item for a set amount of currency. Either that or allow the vendors to operate like a kiosk once you unlock something. we have set rolls now, this should be much easier than it would have been in D1.

As a software engineer, I can honestly tell you nothing is "simple" especially in a live game. I can't imagine what the engineers are going through at Bungie.

There are lots of issues, but with a DLC, the Dawning, and other live events hitting this problem is only getting worse.

And I'll bet you there is a giant white board at bungie with this as a line item that to them, who probable know the percentage of all players that have vault that is 95%+ full, is not a pressing need compared to a lot of other things.

I just don't think we all truly understand the complexity and the game breaking aspects of some of the changes we want. We also might not know the direction of what kind of game Bungie wants Destiny to be.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:04 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

As a programmer I agree. But I believe it is a pressing need. This came up in D1, so clearly it's not an unknown problem. As uno pointed out, I keep the guns for Collections, incase they become the meta.

I also keep guns because I just like a variety in my play style. If you see me in crucible, I am almost always rocking something new. It makes it more fun.

Outfits I keep because I like the look of more than 1.

My Vault is covered in Shaders that I have 150 of that I will never use. But deleting 150 of them takes like 10 minutes of gameplay. it's just not worth my time. This one, yes is on me. But also on them for not having a better way to get the shader.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:19 (2479 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

My Vault is covered in Shaders that I have 150 of that I will never use. But deleting 150 of them takes like 10 minutes of gameplay. it's just not worth my time.

This to me is a HUGE issue. My shader screen should be at best 50% full, but I let them build up too much and I don't want to take the ridiculous amount of time to delete them now.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:10 (2479 days ago) @ Xenos

My Vault is covered in Shaders that I have 150 of that I will never use. But deleting 150 of them takes like 10 minutes of gameplay. it's just not worth my time.

This to me is a HUGE issue. My shader screen should be at best 50% full, but I let them build up too much and I don't want to take the ridiculous amount of time to delete them now.

I spent 20 minutes deleting extra shaders I had past 15 in a stack on Monday. That shouldn't even be a thing. I should be able to click a stack to sell, move a slider to choose how many to sell, and click x.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:08 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I just don't think we all truly understand the complexity and the game breaking aspects of some of the changes we want. We also might not know the direction of what kind of game Bungie wants Destiny to be.

Up until this point, your argument has been 'Who needs all this stuff?'

Now you're moving the goalposts to 'this stuff is hard to implement.'

Do you concede that at least some people have legitimate complaints about the limited storage, regardless of difficulty of implementation?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, December 15, 2017, 07:22 (2478 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I've mostly been all over the place :P debating is hard. Also, implementing stuff could break how they made the game. But generally, yeah.

Do you concede that at least some people have legitimate complaints about the limited storage, regardless of difficulty of implementation?

Well, that depends on what you mean by legitimate? I know there are people who say "I want to do X, but I don't have enough space to do that" If X is something Bungie intended for the game to be done, then yes, totally legitimate. I've never argued that people's complaints about the limited storage is baseless. I've argued that either Bungie has never intended the game to be played like that or that to make that change could be very difficult and/or break other mechanics of the game.

So yes, in my opinion, there are definitely people who play Destiny that have legitimate complaints, I don't know if there are enough of those people to prioritize this thing at the top of the feature request list.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, December 15, 2017, 09:05 (2478 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I would just like to add thqt “who needs it” and “hard to implement” isn’t a case of a shifting goalpost, as both concepts are inherently intertwined. If few people need it, but it is hard to implement it will get a low priority. If a lot of people need it and it is hard to implement then generally it will be a higher priority.

by Kahzgul, Friday, December 15, 2017, 15:17 (2478 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I've mostly been all over the place :P debating is hard. Also, implementing stuff could break how they made the game. But generally, yeah.

So so true.

Well, that depends on what you mean by legitimate? I know there are people who say "I want to do X, but I don't have enough space to do that" If X is something Bungie intended for the game to be done, then yes, totally legitimate. I've never argued that people's complaints about the limited storage is baseless. I've argued that either Bungie has never intended the game to be played like that or that to make that change could be very difficult and/or break other mechanics of the game.

So yes, in my opinion, there are definitely people who play Destiny that have legitimate complaints, I don't know if there are enough of those people to prioritize this thing at the top of the feature request list.

Completely fair and reasonable. What are you doing on the internet???

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, December 18, 2017, 00:44 (2476 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Completely fair and reasonable. What are you doing on the internet???

I honestly don't know where that came from. I must have been in a trance or something. I'm usually not this coherent.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:30 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

Nothing "just" happens in any complex, creative work. Period.

I've been on the receiving end of people asking me to "just" do this or "just" do that, and as someone who vary rarely gets visibly upset at anything, I had to get actually angry to get people to understand what they were asking for was not achievable in the time frame or budget they "just" wanted it done in. And I wasn't fighting tight memory constraints and network code and graphics layers and game crashing bugs.

I totally agree that you should probably be able to pull our any legendary armor piece or weapon. I'm super down with things like Emblems and Shaders being a nearly unmanageable pain. But I also think super collectors need to show more understanding.

That people can't store every single weapon, armor piece, shader, emblem, weapon mod, and Cayde-6 junk object all at the same time is, in the grand scheme of legitimate Destiny 2 issues, minor at best.

Join In Progress is still crappy, for instance. :p

I think of this every time.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:34 (2479 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And yes, this is printed out and posted in my cube for everyone to see.
[image]

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:38 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

All I'm saying is that I believe that Bungie doesn't necessarily want the game to be about collecting every piece of armor and every weapon. They want it to be about finding the armor and weapons that you like using and making them your own. I'm not saying that people shouldn't try to find every weapon, because obviously, as you point out with the websites, that people do enjoy doing this.

*emphasis mine*

Here's where your argument hits a brick wall, care of Bungie's history of messing with the meta. In the early months of D1, I got burned several times by deleting guns I didn't like, only to have Bungie tweak them and turn them into awesome weapons that I would have loved to play with. Ever since then, my approach to weapons in Destiny has been "like it or not, I'd better keep it just in case Bungie decides to make this thing awesome at some point in the future".

That being said, I've been taking a very different approach since I started playing D2 on Xbox a couple weeks ago. I'm deleting new weapons like a mad man. I use my vault to hold on to items that might be useful for infusion purposes, and keep everything else on my character. If a day or two goes by and I haven't used a weapon, I delete it. It's strangely liberating to just not worry about that side of the game at all. I just accept the fact that I will often not have the optimal tools at my disposal for a given situation, and that forces me to get more creative with how I play. I decide which armor to keep based purely on looks, mods and perks be damned. It's a totally different way to play the game, but given how much less exciting most of the guns are in D2 compared to D1, I'm quite enjoying it.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:43 (2479 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

*emphasis mine*

Here's where your argument hits a brick wall, care of Bungie's history of messing with the meta. In the early months of D1, I got burned several times by deleting guns I didn't like, only to have Bungie tweak them and turn them into awesome weapons that I would have loved to play with. Ever since then, my approach to weapons in Destiny has been "like it or not, I'd better keep it just in case Bungie decides to make this thing awesome at some point in the future".

That being said, I've been taking a very different approach since I started playing D2 on Xbox a couple weeks ago. I'm deleting new weapons like a mad man. I use my vault to hold on to items that might be useful for infusion purposes, and keep everything else on my character. If a day or two goes by and I haven't used a weapon, I delete it. It's strangely liberating to just not worry about that side of the game at all. I just accept the fact that I will often not have the optimal tools at my disposal for a given situation, and that forces me to get more creative with how I play. I decide which armor to keep based purely on looks, mods and perks be damned. It's a totally different way to play the game, but given how much less exciting most of the guns are in D2 compared to D1, I'm quite enjoying it.

The one thing I think that greatly improved in D2 versus D1 is that randomly getting a weapon is much easier, because the pool is now separated between planets and events. That means it should technically be easier to get that gun that has now became meta. Even trials and raid stuff is much easier to get because of the token system. I'm not saying it's a perfect system, but compared to D1 it's MUCH better.

agreed

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:14 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:15 (2479 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I sharded my first Thorn.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:02 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Gotta agree with this.

Just as an aside, Kingdom of Loathing allows you to not only collect every item in the game, but you can also hold virtually unlimited quantities of said items, and some players have made it their hobby to collect *every* one of a certain item. Plus you can put your entire inventory into storage or your shop, should you so choose.

TL;DR - Glory Organization is Boring.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:30 (2479 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:35 (2479 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Gotta agree with this.

I mean... pretty much every single loot based game is the same way. Borderlands has limited storage space with a HUGE number of items to collect, and so does Diablo. Both are often considered the biggest and most popular loot based games out there. No game has ever intended a player to collect every single item in the game.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:44 (2479 days ago) @ Xenos

Gotta agree with this.

I mean... pretty much every single loot based game is the same way. Borderlands has limited storage space with a HUGE number of items to collect, and so does Diablo. Both are often considered the biggest and most popular loot based games out there. No game has ever intended a player to collect every single item in the game.

Just because they don't intend you to do that doesn't mean that there are not people who would like to collect everything.

So Bungie only wants us to collect emblems, exotics, ornaments, emotes? Good thing that half of those are only available via eververse. the other 90% of the loot in the game is unworthy of being collected.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:48 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

Just because they don't intend you to do that doesn't mean that there are not people who would like to collect everything.

I'm not saying there aren't, I'm just saying for both technical and reasonable reasons they are not going to give you enough slots for every single item in the game. It's just not going to happen. It took Diablo III five years to less than triple the amount of storage in the game, which if you know anything about Diablo is STILL not enough to fit all the items in the game. It's been TWO MONTHS since D2 launched. You can want it all you want, I'm not telling you to change that, but I AM trying to help you temper your expectations.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:52 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

the other 90% of the loot in the game is unworthy of being collected.

So what’s the issue then? If it’s not worthy, why bother? Armor sets don’t have random stats, so get the set you like and dump the rest. Not like dupes are hard to come by.

I won’t argue against collecting—folks are free to do what they want, even when it doesn’t make any sense to me. But it definitely seems odd to complain about not enough vault space and then turn around and say there’s nothing worth keeping anyway.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:59 (2479 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So what’s the issue then? If it’s not worthy, why bother? Armor sets don’t have random stats, so get the set you like and dump the rest. Not like dupes are hard to come by.

I won’t argue against collecting—folks are free to do what they want, even when it doesn’t make any sense to me. But it definitely seems odd to complain about not enough vault space and then turn around and say there’s nothing worth keeping anyway.

You are taking that quote out of context. I'm stating that in Bungie's opinion they are saying that 90% of the other stuff is not worth collecting because they don't make an in-game system for keeping legendaries (except for emotes)

I am complaining that they created a loot based game in which they severely undercut the amount of storage we need for in-game items

Just make every vendor have a system where you can pull back out something you've already acquired for a set amount of currency. Bump up the storage space for mods and shaders to 100 slots. that would solve a lot of the immediate issues.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:27 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

You are taking that quote out of context. I'm stating that in Bungie's opinion they are saying that 90% of the other stuff is not worth collecting because they don't make an in-game system for keeping legendaries (except for emotes)

So you are saying that 10% is the amount of items that fits in your vault and character and that 90% is the amount that is still out that that bungie thinks you don't need. I'm not even going to dignify how bad that math is.

I am complaining that they created a loot based game in which they severely undercut the amount of storage we need for in-game items

That you frequently use? I personally use about 20 weapons/armor frequently, 30 if I'm being very generous. I store, in case I need it down the line or if it has sentimental value, about 100 items and that is being generous as well.

Just make every vendor have a system where you can pull back out something you've already acquired for a set amount of currency.

But why? I mean, I know it would be convenient to be able to pull something out that becomes meta down the line, but it's not like it's hard to get a particular weapon unless it's a raid weapon. All the other armor/weapons can be gotten by doing whatever event/planet they originate from.

Bump up the storage space for mods and shaders to 100 slots. that would solve a lot of the immediate issues.

I totally agree that these should be bumped up.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:56 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

So you are saying that 10% is the amount of items that fits in your vault and character and that 90% is the amount that is still out that that bungie thinks you don't need. I'm not even going to dignify how bad that math is.

I'm not going to go and count every item available in game. But I'm guessing the number of items that you can pull from a kiosk to items that can not be pulled from a kiosk is heavily favored towards RNG items. Older out of season items that you can not get again you are basically screwed on if you delete them.

Bungie has a "kiosk" for only a few things (Emblems, Exotics, Emotes). Their system now is that any legendary weapon, armor, ship, sparrow, ghost, etc... are not worthy of being collected by the fact that they don't allow you to have a kiosk for them.

That you frequently use? I personally use about 20 weapons/armor frequently, 30 if I'm being very generous. I store, in case I need it down the line or if it has sentimental value, about 100 items and that is being generous as well.

Bungie's history of changing the Meta on a whim has conditioned people to keep everything just in case.

Just make every vendor have a system where you can pull back out something you've already acquired for a set amount of currency.

But why? I mean, I know it would be convenient to be able to pull something out that becomes meta down the line, but it's not like it's hard to get a particular weapon unless it's a raid weapon. All the other armor/weapons can be gotten by doing whatever event/planet they originate from.

I finally received a Main Ingredient this week after sharding one early on due to vault space issues. Weapons might not be "hard" to get, but with the continual reliance on RNG you might never get it.

Bump up the storage space for mods and shaders to 100 slots. that would solve a lot of the immediate issues.

I totally agree that these should be bumped up.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 21:09 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's RNG, man. I deleted a Titan mark I didn't want, then later decided I wanted the full set of that armor. That mark didn't drop for me for more than 8 weeks. And I play more than most people here.

Your anecdotal experience is no more valid than mine.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, December 15, 2017, 07:33 (2478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's RNG, man. I deleted a Titan mark I didn't want, then later decided I wanted the full set of that armor. That mark didn't drop for me for more than 8 weeks. And I play more than most people here.

Your anecdotal experience is no more valid than mine.

Sorry, I'm not trying to piss you guys off. I'm playing both a devil's advocate because I actually want to know how you guys feel about it and just telling you based off my experience. If I'm going overboard I'm sorry. I just have never experienced what you guys have and a lot of people I play with have not either.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 14:56 (2479 days ago) @ Xenos

Gotta agree with this.

i've never played diablo so i can't comment.

Borderlands has no PvP (other than 1v1 duels in the PvE world). So you basically just keep the weapons that fit your playstyle. Very rarely did any of the gear get tweaked (conference call/the bee combo a notable exception).

I feel like with Destiny, you HAVE to keep nearly every weapon you get solely for potential PvP usage. weapon tweaks happen so often, and different weapons rise to the top after every update.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:08 (2479 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I feel like with Destiny, you HAVE to keep nearly every weapon you get solely for potential PvP usage. weapon tweaks happen so often, and different weapons rise to the top after every update.

Right, I totally get the mindset (even though I don't at all have it). My point is not that it's bad to want it, my point is as I said to unoudid: temper your expectations. It's obviously not a trivial issue to solve or they would already have more space. If it was easy to get double or triple vault space I am positive they already would have done it (or, more likely, launched the game with it). I'm sure if they could they would give us infinite vault space. The truth is most likely it's NOT easy and it's NOT a priority since the vast majority of players don't need more than we currently have. It may suck for that small percentage, and keep asking for it, but temper your expectations accordingly.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 21:13 (2479 days ago) @ Xenos

Right, I totally get the mindset (even though I don't at all have it). My point is not that it's bad to want it, my point is as I said to unoudid: temper your expectations. It's obviously not a trivial issue to solve or they would already have more space. If it was easy to get double or triple vault space I am positive they already would have done it (or, more likely, launched the game with it). I'm sure if they could they would give us infinite vault space. The truth is most likely it's NOT easy and it's NOT a priority since the vast majority of players don't need more than we currently have. It may suck for that small percentage, and keep asking for it, but temper your expectations accordingly.

I guess my problem is the lack of transparency. When they increased the vault space in Destiny 1, they were super-specific that the new space was as big as they could possibly make it, because of limits imposed by the Xbox and PS3.

We don't have those limits any more, but they haven't made any changes. (In fact, our new, combined Vault is SMALLER than the sum of the separated vaults in D1.)

So you might be right, that it's non-trivial - but they already said once "we would do what you ask, but we can't, because of X", and now X is not a factor. ::shrug:: I guess I'd like a new answer.

Pokémon.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:20 (2479 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Requires multiple games/trading/timed promotions/contests.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:23 (2479 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Not to mention it's 99% the point of the games

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:26 (2479 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:07 (2479 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

There are currently 20+ complete sets of armor available in the game - a set contains 15 pieces (5 each for 3 classes).

That's 300+ slots right there.

Bungie makes them available - and drops them, randomly during play. Yes, I could focus on a few and say "if other ones drop, I'll just delete them" - but why should I have to?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:49 (2479 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

My value is filled with Purple and Exotics (only because they have their ornaments on).

I believe once you've unlocked an ornament, it's unlocked on your account forever even if you delete the original and grab a new one from the vault collection.

-Disciple

Correct

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:53 (2479 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

It also is automatically applied if you pull a new version from the vault.

I will have to check, thanks.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 15:06 (2479 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That would be awesome if so. But their aren't that many exotics, but it would help.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, December 15, 2017, 08:28 (2478 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Forcing you to do that is literally the point.

Eat your greens!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, December 15, 2017, 09:15 (2478 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Delete everything. All guns are bad.*

by ProbablyLast, Friday, December 15, 2017, 21:01 (2478 days ago) @ CougRon

But yeah. They constantly acknowledged vault space being an issue for 3 years of Destiny 1 and did nothing to fix it.

I don't care, obviously, as I can fit every weapon/armor piece I've deemed worthy of keeping on 1 character and could during Destiny 1 as well until I decided to get a page full of Khvostovs.

I just don't want to lose what I've invested into.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 13:32 (2479 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 12:23 (2479 days ago) @ Korny

super talented Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris narrative lead Christine Thompson

[image]

Sparrow racing?

by naturl selexion, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 22:34 (2479 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I’m sad too

by Robot Chickens, Friday, December 15, 2017, 08:59 (2478 days ago) @ naturl selexion

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread