Exotic shotgun quest? (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 23:47 (2479 days ago)

Hey, I went over to Reddit earlier and noticed a post about this Perfect Paradox shotgun quest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7jrrrm/just_finished_the_perfect_paradox_shotgun_quest/

Great thread, honestly, as General Battuta finally called some of Reddit on their shit. What a hero.

Anyway, I did some searching with bing and some Youtubing, and it seems to come after some crafting quest where you make a sword with some lost prophecy stuff.

WTF is a lost prophecy? How do you craft stuff? Where do I get this?

Can someone give me an idiot's guide to doing this quest?

Exotic shotgun quest?

by Harmanimus @, Friday, December 15, 2017, 01:37 (2478 days ago) @ Funkmon

Do CoO, get to Adventures, complete all 3, unlock Heroic Adventures, complete one to get a Prophecy from Vance. Collect items to unlock the prophecy into a gun (be careful and read all the item tooltips) and eventually whatsver part of it that triggers it will trigger it. I have seen mixed info on what is required. Possibly random.

Exotic shotgun quest?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 15, 2017, 06:30 (2478 days ago) @ Funkmon

You have odd tastes. That thread gave me a nosebleed. Next time I’m gonna go to Reddit, someone just kick me in the balls instead. It’d be about the same, except I wouldn’t be on the Destiny subreddit, so it’d automatically be preferable.

I generally try to be a nice person and not a dickhead—that place makes doing so really, really difficult.

Exotic shotgun quest?

by Kahzgul, Friday, December 15, 2017, 15:07 (2478 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Do CoO, get to Adventures, complete all 3, unlock Heroic Adventures, complete one to get a Prophecy from Vance. Collect items to unlock the prophecy into a gun (be careful and read all the item tooltips) and eventually whatsver part of it that triggers it will trigger it. I have seen mixed info on what is required. Possibly random.

Anecdotally, my two friends who have the quest both got it after completing their 4th verse.

Small clarification

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, December 15, 2017, 15:08 (2478 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Anecdotally, my two friends who have the quest both got it after completing their 4th verse.

Yeah that's when I got mine, and just for clarification: it is not an exotic shotgun, although mine did drop as a masterworks, not sure if that's guaranteed though.

Small clarification

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 15, 2017, 16:29 (2478 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah that's when I got mine, and just for clarification: it is not an exotic shotgun, although mine did drop as a masterworks, not sure if that's guaranteed though.

People wanting the grind back in Destiny should be pleased. I'm still working on my second Prophecy. 20 Strikes is a lot.

Not really complaining, I'll get it when I get, and I'm honestly glad it's given me a reason to do a few strikes every time I play.

Exotic shotgun quest?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 15, 2017, 17:14 (2478 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Huh. I'm working on my fifth, quest still hasn't dropped.

Small clarification

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 15, 2017, 19:13 (2478 days ago) @ Xenos

Definitely not guaranteed :(

I've had awesome luck with most of the game's RNG, but it seems to be trying to balance things out by being really stingy with the masterworks for me.

-Disciple

Exotic shotgun quest?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 15, 2017, 19:15 (2478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Have you forged the sword yet? Funk's post mentioned that possibly being the trigger and that's definitely when I got mine.

-Disciple

Exotic shotgun quest?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:50 (2478 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Have you forged the sword yet? Funk's post mentioned that possibly being the trigger and that's definitely when I got mine.

-Disciple

Nope. Which prophecy is that?

Verse 10

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 15, 2017, 20:58 (2478 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Exotic shotgun quest?

by Kahzgul, Friday, December 15, 2017, 21:31 (2478 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Disciple

Interesting! My friends both did the sword as their 4th...

Exotic shotgun quest?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, December 15, 2017, 22:48 (2478 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I was more bewildered than bothered. It’s like being immersed in a foreign language except there the language is disdain and hate. I’m fairly initiated and I mostly knew the things that were being talked about but I couldn’t understand the emotion there. Where did it come from and how was everyone able to form it so easily and consistently? Like anything it just takes practice, I guess.

That's what I'm working on now. (It's 5th for me.)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 05:49 (2477 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Definitely five

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 06:40 (2477 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Are you sure they’re counting right? ;)

- Scout Rifle
- Pulse
- Hand Cannon
- SMG
- Sword

That’s five.

Definitely five

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 08:41 (2477 days ago) @ Beorn

- Scout Rifle
- Pulse
- Hand Cannon
- SMG
- Sword

That’s five.

Ah yeah, I forgot about the energy Hand Cannon since it's so meh. It was 5 for me as well.

Definitely five

by Kahzgul, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 14:52 (2476 days ago) @ Beorn

- Scout Rifle
- Pulse
- Hand Cannon
- SMG
- Sword

That’s five.

It's not a fixed order. You're given a choice of 3 verses to complete each time. I could have done the sword 2nd if I'd wanted to, for example.

Definitely five

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 17:59 (2476 days ago) @ Xenos

Hey! I won you a Raid Lair using that energy hand cannon!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread