Elite: Dangerous - Stations being evacuated (Gaming)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 07:46 (2315 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Too bad MS didn't get VR working on the One X yet because this would be amazing in VR! I'm going to have to sign in to Elite: Dangerous and rescue some civilians.

My wing is stationed around The Oracle at the moment. That entire system feels like it got shredded. I think at least one other station was attacked, but not to the point of being evacuated, there's a tanker that was torn apart, and there's a Fed Capital Ship that's adrift. That one was flagged as a distress call on the way to Oracle, we dropped out, were surprised to see it, and then had to turn and run 30 seconds later because three Thargoid ships were still in the area. And they were pissed. Like, they launched swarms on sight, pissed.

It's surreal doing evac runs. You're so used to seeing spaceports as safe havens, as unchanging rocks, that seeing one devastated like this is unreal in a way that kinda hits close to home.

It's awesome, and I hope an omen of what's to come. Xmas is going to be amazing because I'll finally have a HOTAS.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread