Xur returns to the tower (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 09:57 (2384 days ago)

Xur is hanging out with Dead Orbit in the Tower this week instead of being on Mercury.

He brings:

• Celestial Nighthawk
  • Hallowfire Heart
  • Eye Of Another World
  • D.A.R.C.I.
  • new three of coins that lasts four hours
  • new exotic engram that is guaranteed to give a new exotic, only one per account per week apparently.

Is he not on Mercury because it’s so ‘small’ or will he now occasionally appear in the tower instead of the flashpoint? I can think of a couple places they could have stuck him on Mercury and still stuck to the Flashpoint formula so I’m hoping he just now has a random chance to appear in the tower. When he does appear in the tower I hope it’s not always in one spot like he’s done for the flashpoints. Will have to see what happens.

Xur returns to the tower

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 10:55 (2384 days ago) @ CougRon

Is he not on Mercury because it’s so ‘small’ or will he now occasionally appear in the tower instead of the flashpoint? I can think of a couple places they could have stuck him on Mercury and still stuck to the Flashpoint formula so I’m hoping he just now has a random chance to appear in the tower. When he does appear in the tower I hope it’s not always in one spot like he’s done for the flashpoints. Will have to see what happens.

I assume it’s so that folks without the expansion can still get to him.

Xur returns to the tower

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 11:14 (2384 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I assume it’s so that folks without the expansion can still get to him.

Bingo.

Xur returns to the tower

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 12:49 (2384 days ago) @ Xenos

Poop. Point.

Speed can stop crying about not having Celestial Hawkmoon...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 11:49 (2384 days ago) @ CougRon

I know what I said.

Yup. Lamentations will now be directed at Skyburner's Oath.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 09:12 (2383 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Xur returns to the tower

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 12:03 (2384 days ago) @ CougRon

• new exotic engram that is guaranteed to give a new exotic, only one per account per week apparently.

I was really hoping this was going to be once per character :(

-Disciple

If it were, how many weeks before you had them all?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 14:32 (2384 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

I'd complete the collection by New Year's

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 21:37 (2383 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

This game is spiteful.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 13:57 (2384 days ago) @ CougRon

I got "Vesper of Radius" from this weeks "You don't have this" exotic. I then proceed to play the game as normal and guess what I got out of my first purple?

*Sigh*

Totally Broke On Purple Rocks. Ugh.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 19:12 (2383 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Three of coins

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 21:45 (2383 days ago) @ CougRon

Antyone try the new Thee of Coins yet? I did so and I thought exotics were dropping more frequently. I got 4 or 5 where normally I might get 1; once in a while or two. One was an engram where the rest were just straight item drops. Granted, most of them were duplicates and dropped from vendors and not just activities.... however I’ve seen a few people say they get no exotics during their Three Of Coins. What has been your experience?

Three of coins

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 08:11 (2383 days ago) @ CougRon
edited by cheapLEY, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 08:19

I bought a few but haven't used any yet, as I've only been doing the raid lair since I bought them. Once I got back to grinding out strikes for Lost Prophecies, I'll put them to use.

Did they drop as end of activity rewards, or did any just drop randomly while killing stuff?

EDIT: D'oh, I now see where you said they dropped from vendors. I can read, I promise!

Three of coins

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 14:13 (2383 days ago) @ cheapLEY

One or two diddropas end of activity rewards. One was a crucible march. Can’t remember if one dropped while I was doing strikes.

Three of coins

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 08:12 (2383 days ago) @ CougRon

Antyone try the new Thee of Coins yet? I did so and I thought exotics were dropping more frequently. I got 4 or 5 where normally I might get 1; once in a while or two. One was an engram where the rest were just straight item drops. Granted, most of them were duplicates and dropped from vendors and not just activities.... however I’ve seen a few people say they get no exotics during their Three Of Coins. What has been your experience?

SIngle datapoint: used one, played 5 crucible games and 3 heroic strikes, got zero exotics.

Three of coins

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 09:40 (2383 days ago) @ Claude Errera

SIngle datapoint: used one, played 5 crucible games and 3 heroic strikes, got zero exotics.

DeeJ says that there might be some issue with them, but they'll let us know Monday.

Three of coins

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 14:16 (2383 days ago) @ Korny

Probably only some people are affected then. I encountered a streamer saying he didn’t know of a single person not affected which got me wanting to talk.

Three of coins: Bungie's explanation.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, December 18, 2017, 11:21 (2382 days ago) @ CougRon
edited by Korny, Monday, December 18, 2017, 11:26

Heroic Strikes are the problem, it seems:

When players use a Three of Coins consumable, this provides a 50% increase to the base chance of being rewarded an Exotic Engram upon activity completion. Using this consumable does not guarantee an Exotic reward upon completing a set number of activities – but rather increased chances upon each activity completion.

The game really should tell you that it is a 50% chance increase. there shouldn't be any vagueness about it in the UI.

Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.

It would help if there were icons on the top right corner of the screen when you pull out your ghost, so you could easily check what buffs or boons you currently have active in an activity, rather than assuming anything (or having to go to the character screen, i.e. Well Rested).

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, December 18, 2017, 11:29 (2382 days ago) @ Korny

Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.

That's super helpful. I don't think I've ever bothered running the regular strike playlist unless there was a milestone for it at the very beginning of the game.

-Disciple

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 18, 2017, 12:52 (2382 days ago) @ Korny

The game really should tell you that it is a 50% chance increase. there shouldn't be any vagueness about it in the UI.

This is useless without knowing what the chance is without the three of coins.

There's a big difference in going from 1% to 1.5% versus going from 20% to 30%. Both are a 50% increase.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, December 18, 2017, 13:55 (2382 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I mean it's not totally useless since you have experience to give you a sense of normal drop rate, but yes n*1.5 is not the most clear thing you could possibly present to players.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread