DPS on Raid Lair final boss *SP* (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 21:27 (2477 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, December 16, 2017, 21:35

Anyone who has beaten this have some DPS tips?

We are reasonably sure that we have figured out the mechanics, but we are only dealing 1/5 of a health bar of damage each DPS phase. This is with extra Vex craniums shooting and damaging the boss. Given what look like four sets of weak points for the void discharge phase, that means we have 5 phases of DPS. This means we have to be perfect every time.

What’s a decent amount of DPS to shoot for? Any tips? Because this feels super tight.

If we are missing any major mechanics, just say "You are missing something" and we'll know to explore more:

1. Charge craniums to use on the balls
2. Charge craniums to use on the boss
3. Drop shield and DPS
4. Wait for Void Energy attack
5. Stop attack by shooting weak points
6 Repeat

Otherwise tips for any of these steps are welcome.

DPS on Raid Lair final boss *SP*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, December 16, 2017, 22:23 (2477 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Have Hunters use Golden Gun. Either Nighthawk or the orb-generating tree. Have the Warlocks use Empowering Rift (with Arc Soul for the adds). Have the Titans use Rally Barricade so everyone can fast-discharge rockets and Sunbreaker's Sunspot tree for extra throws and lasting DPS.

Remember, Coldheart doesn't have great range, so using it for DPS is non-optimal. Something else with a Rally Barricade is usually better, but do keep a Coldheart for the "break stuff phase".

Then, during "break stuff phase", also try and do damage. Hell, remember to use charged craniums for this phase.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 05:56 (2476 days ago) @ ZackDark

Have Hunters use Golden Gun. Either Nighthawk or the orb-generating tree. Have the Warlocks use Empowering Rift (with Arc Soul for the adds). Have the Titans use Rally Barricade so everyone can fast-discharge rockets and Sunbreaker's Sunspot tree for extra throws and lasting DPS.

Remember, Coldheart doesn't have great range, so using it for DPS is non-optimal. Something else with a Rally Barricade is usually better, but do keep a Coldheart for the "break stuff phase".

Sweet Business is amazing during the break stuff phase. Especially on a Titan with Actium War Rig.

by squidnh3, Sunday, December 17, 2017, 06:45 (2476 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There is an alternate strategy, but the one you are using is the one my team used. Also I think there are only 3 sets of weak points.

As others have noted, it's really just about coordinated DPS buffs.

Duh, silly Zack. This ^

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, December 17, 2017, 09:43 (2476 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Try this

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, December 18, 2017, 08:42 (2475 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Try this

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 18, 2017, 09:00 (2475 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

So we can drop and pick up charged craniums. That changes things a good bit. Someone told us we couldn't and we believed them.

Try this

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 18, 2017, 09:07 (2475 days ago) @ Kermit

So we can drop and pick up charged craniums. That changes things a good bit. Someone told us we couldn't and we believed them.

Dang! Then let’s finish this tonight!

Try this

by Claude Errera @, Monday, December 18, 2017, 09:11 (2475 days ago) @ Kermit

I wondered about that, too. I know for a fact that they disappear if you drop them for too long (I did it a couple of times, early on)... but it's clearly longer than 5 seconds, which is PLENTY of time to take out an enemy or two. DOH! (They also disappear if you're holding one and you die, I think - but I could be wrong about that.)

Dat Nighthawk

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 18, 2017, 09:25 (2475 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Try this

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 18, 2017, 09:34 (2475 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe, but odds are I can't. Obligations. ;)

10 seconds

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, December 18, 2017, 09:49 (2475 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I think we tried it and it despawned after being idle for 10 seconds.

Try this

by cheapLEY @, Monday, December 18, 2017, 10:23 (2475 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’m out to see Star Wars. Put a sub in and get it done, though! I’ll try and catch another run later.

For real...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 06:16 (2474 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I REALLY need to get my Hunter leveled up...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread