PSA: The Dawning 'schematics' Exploit (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 15:49 (2473 days ago)

If you get a Dawning present schematic that requires acquiring a blue resource (Spores from Titan, for example), you can simply place one in your vault and withdraw it to complete that requirement. If you don't already have one (who does?), you only need to farm 1 (instead of 3), place it in your vault, and withdraw it to complete the requirement.

Since it took me nearly 2 hours to farm a single blue spore, I don't in the least feel guilty about using this exploit. Enjoy.

PSA: The Dawning 'schematics' Exploit

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 16:38 (2473 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If you get a Dawning present schematic that requires acquiring a blue resource (Spores from Titan, for example), you can simply place one in your vault and withdraw it to complete that requirement. If you don't already have one (who does?), you only need to farm 1 (instead of 3), place it in your vault, and withdraw it to complete the requirement.

Since it took me nearly 2 hours to farm a single blue spore, I don't in the least feel guilty about using this exploit. Enjoy.

lol - Speedracer told me about this this morning. We spent a few hours playing last night, and I had the schematic that required 3 Dusklight Crystals (the blue version of the shards). I collected them all, but whined most of the time about having 5 of them already in my inventory that were being ignored.

Eh. Next time. :)

MVP.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 17:33 (2473 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 17:42 (2473 days ago) @ Kahzgul

That's great, I will definitely be using this.

I got one that required the data things from Nessus. With all the snow balls around, it's just hard to see the things I actually needed to collect.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 18:12 (2473 days ago) @ Claude Errera

lol - Speedracer told me about this this morning. We spent a few hours playing last night, and I had the schematic that required 3 Dusklight Crystals (the blue version of the shards). I collected them all, but whined most of the time about having 5 of them already in my inventory that were being ignored.

Eh. Next time. :)

damn, that's rough.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 20:40 (2473 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Don't I feel like a chump for saving those "30 meter resource reveal" ghosts and using them now. :/

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 07:50 (2472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I got one that required the data things from Nessus. With all the snow balls around, it's just hard to see the things I actually needed to collect.

I felt the same way about EDZ and Io TBH.

I still love the snowballs, though.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 08:01 (2472 days ago) @ stabbim

Yeah, I just did one on EDZ last night. Those things are nearly impossible to see. the things on Io are shaped distinctly enough to stand out, but the dusklight shards on EDZ just blend in most of the time.

Yep, saved my butt this time.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:05 (2472 days ago) @ slycrel
edited by MacAddictXIV, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:23

And my brother who either didn't have the right one or sharded his. I was his scout master.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:20 (2472 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Wish I had read this last night before wasting an hour farming Titan....all for a stupid sword. So far, these "gifts" aren't worth it.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:24 (2472 days ago) @ ManKitten

Wish I had read this last night before wasting an hour farming Titan....all for a stupid sword. So far, these "gifts" aren't worth it.

For me the reward wasn't the item, it was text and dialogue.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:39 (2472 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, I gave a Ghaul stress toy to Zavala last night. I wish they had bothered to actually create these gifts, even if they were only icons and not in game models.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:52 (2472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I gave a Ghaul stress toy to Zavala last night. I wish they had bothered to actually create these gifts, even if they were only icons and not in game models.

Which, in my opinion, this is how an event like dawning should run. Items are fun but, just like the story of the dawning, sometimes we need to just step back from the game and just have fun in senseless game play and story.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:57 (2472 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Which, in my opinion, this is how an event like dawning should run. Items are fun but, just like the story of the dawning, sometimes we need to just step back from the game and just have fun in senseless game play and story.

I actually think it's pretty well designed, as an event. So many people are bitching about how it's just quests to go kill things and collect materials. Sure, that's what it is. But, more importantly, it's a way to get players out onto the different Destinations, populating those worlds. That's the real goal, I think. I'm sure there are tons of players that just do whatever the quests steps are and then move on, but as I've been doing those steps, I've actually just been hanging out on those planets, doing the Public Events, taking down VIPs, doing some adventures and Lost Sectors.

I let the quests determine my Destination, but I just dick around on that Destination until the quest step is done, rather than laser focus on getting it done.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 10:05 (2472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I actually think it's pretty well designed, as an event. So many people are bitching about how it's just quests to go kill things and collect materials. Sure, that's what it is. But, more importantly, it's a way to get players out onto the different Destinations, populating those worlds. That's the real goal, I think. I'm sure there are tons of players that just do whatever the quests steps are and then move on, but as I've been doing those steps, I've actually just been hanging out on those planets, doing the Public Events, taking down VIPs, doing some adventures and Lost Sectors.

I let the quests determine my Destination, but I just dick around on that Destination until the quest step is done, rather than laser focus on getting it done.

Same here. It has also brought me together with other people. When they are doing quests I just tag along and either help them or just goof around on that destination. It's quite liberating even though people are calling it "grinding"

I actually laughed to myself when I was doing loops in the EDZ trying to get the dang Dusklight crystals (yes, I saw the glitch post, but too late) and I was having a good time but I remembered that this is exactly like what D1 was.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 11:24 (2472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have no idea what anyone is talking about! I feel so lost right now. Sparrows have abilities, crazy dialogue, giving gifts. How am I missing so much stuff!!?!?

This is why I'm the village idiot.

There's other reasons too.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 11:43 (2472 days ago) @ ManKitten

I have no idea what anyone is talking about! I feel so lost right now. Sparrows have abilities, crazy dialogue, giving gifts. How am I missing so much stuff!!?!?

The Dawning started on Tuesday. Got pick up a gift package from the pile of presents near Ikora. You’ll get a quest (in the ghost slot on the character screen). They consist of two steps, usually kill enemies and collect resources. Once you’re done, it turns into a gift that you take an NPC. The description is usually something cute.

As for Sparrows, they’ve always had perks.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 11:53 (2472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Dawning started on Tuesday. Got pick up a gift package from the pile of presents near Ikora. You’ll get a quest (in the ghost slot on the character screen). They consist of two steps, usually kill enemies and collect resources. Once you’re done, it turns into a gift that you take an NPC. The description is usually something cute.

I've done two quests. I received a Dawning sword and something else I don't even remember because I immediately sharded it. Maybe I just haven't been given a re-gift yet.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 12:36 (2472 days ago) @ ManKitten

I've done two quests. I received a Dawning sword and something else I don't even remember because I immediately sharded it. Maybe I just haven't been given a re-gift yet.

You can do one of these every day, on every character. If you open up your map while in the tower, you'll see a blue flag near Ikora if your character hasn't done one for the day yet. Go to her, turn left, pick up a schematic. Follow the instructions on it.

Did they fix this already?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 12:47 (2472 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Because it’s not working for Phaseglass Spires. And the quest I have is for 10 of them... and they are blue. So basically I won’t be able to complete it in a single day. I tried the trick using the D2 app while on Io, no luck. I even did it manually at the tower. Does it not work for all materials?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 12:51 (2472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You can do one of these every day, on every character. If you open up your map while in the tower, you'll see a blue flag near Ikora if your character hasn't done one for the day yet. Go to her, turn left, pick up a schematic. Follow the instructions on it.

I've done this. The first one I had to kill 30 thrall and collect 10 data lattice. I don't remember what this prize was but I'm pretty sure it was gear. The second one was to kill 50 enemies on Nessus and 3 blue alkane spores. It gave me a sword. I think they were from Ikora and Hawthorne, respectively. I reckon some rewards are gear and some are gifts for others?

Here's another thing I'm dumb with. The icons for Crucible tokens, crucible boons and crucible gifts. I'm getting them so mixed up and the icons are so similar.

aaagghh...this game. So much to keep up with. Just put a gun in my hand, point me in the direction of bad guys and I'll be happy.

The captain dynamic design.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 13:18 (2472 days ago) @ ManKitten

Joel: Why don't we do like a multi-tier thing, where we get like uh easy missions, we start with them right, and get decent rewards, and then maybe the missions get progressively harder and harder and then we get uh you know, better and better rewards.

Manager: Interesting.

Captain Dynamic: Interesting? What team are you on? I like the start, the missions start easy. How about they get progressively easier, and I get all the rewards up front?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 13:23 (2472 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Because it’s not working for Phaseglass Spires. And the quest I have is for 10 of them... and they are blue. So basically I won’t be able to complete it in a single day. I tried the trick using the D2 app while on Io, no luck. I even did it manually at the tower. Does it not work for all materials?

The phaseglass text is bugged - you don't need blue ones, you need green ones. (I know the blue ones are spires - but I did this, and you need green ones.)

If you need 10, you need green ones. If you need 3, you need blue ones.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 13:37 (2472 days ago) @ ManKitten

Sorry, I think you misunderstood.

The thing you are doing by completing those quest steps is "crafting" the gift. When you complete the the quest steps and it turns into a package, read the description. That's the gift you made. When you turn it in to whoever, that's you giving the gift to that person. Read the text when you turn it in, it's usually cute or funny.

There are no literal gifts in the game. It's just text associated with gift descriptions and vendor text.

Isn't that exactly what Cody advocates?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 14:13 (2472 days ago) @ Funkmon

:D

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 15:59 (2472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The phaseglass text is bugged - you don't need blue ones, you need green ones. (I know the blue ones are spires - but I did this, and you need green ones.)

Wow, that would have saved soooo much time. I was also confused why I would need 10.

It was also for Mr. Guardian Asshole, so I almost abandoned it before I even started.

lol

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 16:48 (2472 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Wow, that would have saved soooo much time. I was also confused why I would need 10.

It was also for Mr. Guardian Asshole, so I almost abandoned it before I even started.

Yeah, I did that one, and when I picked it up, I toyed with the idea of abandoning it and trying again. ;)

lol

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, December 22, 2017, 07:04 (2471 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, I did that one, and when I picked it up, I toyed with the idea of abandoning it and trying again. ;)

He is like the Grinch of the Dawning :-P

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, December 25, 2017, 07:58 (2468 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I just did one on EDZ last night. Those things are nearly impossible to see. the things on Io are shaped distinctly enough to stand out, but the dusklight shards on EDZ just blend in most of the time.

The snowballs are great, I agree. But they do make mats hard to spot.

I also can't figure out whether or not I think snowballs are reducing the spawn rate for mats. It seems like it is.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread