It's bonkers and I dig it! (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 06:38 (2319 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I played 5 games of Mayhem last night and they were a blast. There were moments where I said "..uuhh...that's bogus" like the time a solar titan popped super the same time I popped goldy, we hit each other at the same time...I died and he didn't.

And there were plenty of times where I said "Ooohh yeah tight kills" as I came around the corner with goldy and pop-pop-pop took out a group in 1.5 seconds.

(and yes, I actually say these things out loud, my wife can vouch.)

Then there was the game where the opposite team had 2 void bow hunters. Good grief that was irritating! We couldn't do anything. Everywhere we went, tetheropolis!

Dear Bungie,

Mayhem is fun. Laser Tag weekend was fun. Why? Because they were silly and temporary. Even Iron Banner is more fun than Crucible even though it's the EXACT same thing...because it's temporary. Please! Embrace the silliness and consider more of these temporary game types. If you're bound by lore, then create the lore.

Banshee has developed new weapons and needs test data. For the next two days, he is inviting guardians to join his "Ordnance Focus" with specific locked primary and secondary weapons. (with VO from Banshee)

Cayde enjoys blowing stuff up and seeing things go boom. He has cleared out The Farm and invited all Guardians to bring their heavy weapons out to the country. "Cayde's Brigade" features ONLY heavy weapons and uses The Farm as a PvP map. (with VO from Cayde)

Hawthorne is constantly training guardians to work as a team. To keep them on their toes, she hosts "Honor Games" which features a rotation of team based objective games along the lines of head-to-head capture the flag, offense/defense VIP, oddball (basically all the games we loved from a different title a decade ago :P)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread