Raid Lair Final Boss Tips (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 08:01 (2472 days ago)

Was watching some Streamers and came across some info I thought people may want. Some may know, but I know our team had trouble last week, but we were blind.

1) During Void Expansion phase, instead of shooting BOTH arms, do the Arm and Head on the same side. Then do the other side, then the BACk/SHOULDER ones. This causes less movement to be required.

2) Hard light is a GREAT choice. Argos is a bit away, so damage drop-off over distance comes into play. And Hard Light doesn't have it. Helps with the bombers as well.

3) Other than Celestial Nighthawk, most supers seem useless. Teether or roaming seems to be a good idea, to deal with the adds that could get in your way during damage.

Raid Lair Final Boss Tips

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 08:12 (2472 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

1) During Void Expansion phase, instead of shooting BOTH arms, do the Arm and Head on the same side. Then do the other side, then the BACk/SHOULDER ones. This causes less

Kupkake told me that last night, and I was honestly floored at how obvious it is and that we didn't think of it. One side getting their arm and then having to run all the way around to help with the other side was constantly screwing us.

2) Hard light is a GREAT choice. Argos is a bit away, so damage drop-off over distance comes into play. And Hard Light doesn't have it. Helps with the bombers as well.

I will have to try that. I've really been struggling with finding weapons that really seem to work well for the entire encounter.

3) Other than Celestial Nighthawk, most supers seem useless. Teether or roaming seems to be a good idea, to deal with the adds that could get in your way during damage.

Tether has been a real life saver.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 14:34 (2472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I will have to try that. I've really been struggling with finding weapons that really seem to work well for the entire encounter.

Better Devils to one-shot the minions. Void Auto Rifle for dropping Minotaur shields and clearing the boss wipe mechanic. Curtain Call for boss DPS and emergencies. Curtain Call > Sins of the Past due to the faster reload and tighter cluster radius.

For the "Break the Barrier" encounter where you're just clearing mines, use a void shotgun (Hawthorne is my preference) or void fusion for clearing shielded ads, and then swap in the rocket launcher for the final boss encounter.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 15:50 (2472 days ago) @ Chappy

Better Devils to one-shot the minions. Void Auto Rifle for dropping Minotaur shields and clearing the boss wipe mechanic. Curtain Call for boss DPS and emergencies. Curtain Call > Sins of the Past due to the faster reload and tighter cluster radius.

For the "Break the Barrier" encounter where you're just clearing mines, use a void shotgun (Hawthorne is my preference) or void fusion for clearing shielded ads, and then swap in the rocket launcher for the final boss encounter.

I was consistently getting more damage on Argos than most, and I was using Curtain Call.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:02 (2472 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

We beat him well last time and I attribute that solely to my throwing a few flaming hammers at his face every damage phase. So... try that...

Pro tip...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 10:25 (2472 days ago) @ Ragashingo

We beat him well last time and I attribute that solely to my throwing a few flaming hammers at his face every damage phase. So... try that...

^ read this in an Asher Mir voice for a good lul ;p <3

Pro tip...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 14:36 (2472 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

^ read this in an Asher Mir voice for a good lul ;p <3

"Impossible"! :)

But seriously yes, Hammer Titans are awesome here and can do just as much damage as Hunters. Use the upper tier for explosions on hammer hits.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 10:13 (2472 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Was watching some Streamers and came across some info I thought people may want. Some may know, but I know our team had trouble last week, but we were blind.

1) During Void Expansion phase, instead of shooting BOTH arms, do the Arm and Head on the same side. Then do the other side, then the BACk/SHOULDER ones. This causes less movement to be required.

Yeah, once we moved to this it got much easier.

Never thought of that. For DPS primary we were using Sweet Business because you have far less reloading, it also works great in the Void Expansion phase.

4) The raid rocket, or any rocket that have cluster bombs on them work really well because every single cluster bomb will hit him because he is so expansive.

5) Titan wall works amazing for DPS. Once I got the timing down, I could unload 6 rockets in the space of 4-5 seconds.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 14:18 (2472 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

3) Other than Celestial Nighthawk, most supers seem useless. Tether or roaming seems to be a good idea, to deal with the adds that could get in your way during damage.

Titans should run Sunbreaker. The hammers hit for great damage on the boss if they don't pick off an enemy or the capture net on the way. They should also place a rally barrier (in front of an empowering rift) so folks can get 5-6 rockets out in as many seconds.

Warlocks should use stormcaller for better enemy control (roaming super and "arc buddies"), and set up empowering rifts when the DPS phase begins.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 14:25 (2472 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

1) During Void Expansion phase, instead of shooting BOTH arms, do the Arm and Head on the same side. Then do the other side, then the BACK/SHOULDER ones. This causes less movement to be required.

Note that you may not want to save the back ones for last. If you're finishing DPS on Void or Solar it may be faster to get in position to clear the back side next.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread