Xbox 4K/HDR issue (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, January 01, 2018, 13:18 (2461 days ago)

trying to see if anyone is having this issue with their Xbox X (or S) and 4k/HDR. I haven't had the time to see if it's HDR only, but I think it is.

When you jump the reticle gets bigger, but since I got my X and 4k/HDR TV, I noticed that especially on Scout Rifles, the inner circle of my reticle will change colors to almost meld into the background. It's NOT every time, but it's really distracting when it happens, and it's often enough, 30-40% of the time, that it's becoming an issue in PvP.

Is this Xbox only? Maybe just me?

Another odd thing, but this is all games, think my X is busted, but I lag every time right before I die in any game, PvE or PvP. Like for .5 seconds, it's how I know I am about to die.

Xbox 4K/HDR issue

by DEEP_NNN, Monday, January 01, 2018, 14:41 (2461 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

trying to see if anyone is having this issue with their Xbox X (or S) and 4k/HDR. I haven't had the time to see if it's HDR only, but I think it is.

When you jump the reticle gets bigger, but since I got my X and 4k/HDR TV, I noticed that especially on Scout Rifles, the inner circle of my reticle will change colors to almost meld into the background. It's NOT every time, but it's really distracting when it happens, and it's often enough, 30-40% of the time, that it's becoming an issue in PvP.

Is this Xbox only? Maybe just me?

Another odd thing, but this is all games, think my X is busted, but I lag every time right before I die in any game, PvE or PvP. Like for .5 seconds, it's how I know I am about to die.

I haven't noticed either of those things. The reticle issue I can test for but the lag before dying is pretty strange. I think you read my post about HDR settings on LG causing input lag and the solution. So I doubt that is your issue.

The only issue for a 1X I've noticed is that you'll load into everything first before any standard XB1.

Yes and No

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, January 01, 2018, 14:54 (2461 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Yes on the reticle thing. The inner "bloom" indicator becomes larger and gains an "overlay" blending mode while you're airborne. Once you hit ground, it goes back to normal.

Solid no on the lag thing, though.

One thing I do notice at 4K, though, is that there's a bit of cursor input lag when talking to NPCs. I think it's due to the blur effect on half the screen being applied at high-resolution. It adds a little bit of delay (<100ms) to the input, and it's only in those screens, so not a big deal.

The lag is weird

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 07:17 (2460 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Yea I don't have input lag normally. And it's clearly the WHOLE system, not just input. The graphics stop updating, and I know I am going to be dead in .5 seconds.

Weird you are not getting the Bloom issue. Please check.

Yes I have the OLED, use like Beorn,but so did my parents, so it was testing the same TV :). I may try to go to just 4K, not HDR (I only have 4:2:2 turned off, as I didn't see any better picture with it on)

The lag is weird

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 09:31 (2460 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Yea I don't have input lag normally. And it's clearly the WHOLE system, not just input. The graphics stop updating, and I know I am going to be dead in .5 seconds.

It sounds almost like it's working on loading something. Like you actually HAVE died at the beginning of that pause, and it just bogs down for some reason when trying to show that on screen.

My first instinct is to ask whether you've tried switching your Destiny 2 content from the internal hard drive to an external (or from the external to internal/a different external), in the case that the drive it's on now is just slow. But that doesn't seem completely right either - I mean, why would it need to load from disk on every death? I could see having to do that maybe the first time (per session), but I wouldn't expect it on subsequent deaths.

Maybe remove and reinstall Destiny 2? Seems a bit extreme, but maybe worthwhile depending on how annoying the issue is.

The lag is weird

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 15:14 (2460 days ago) @ stabbim

Yea I was hoping to avoid, as it was painfully slow to get there for some reason. I only have an internal on the X, left the External to the other one, as that one downloads all my free games.

It may be, but I know when it happens, my health bar is NOT done. I will see if I can get it on a clip. This Xbox One X has just had issues from day one. But I doubt MS would replace it since it "works"

The lag is weird

by Veegie, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 11:48 (2456 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Sorry dude! That one is my fault. The reticle issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch; it was NaN now that we can't depend on saturated values in 16bit buffers.
The lag is nearly always the TV itself when dealing with HDR, it's become fairly common.
I don't recall notable input delay changes during the development of the HDR code path.

The lag is weird

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 11:58 (2456 days ago) @ Veegie

Sorry dude! That one is my fault. The reticle issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch; it was NaN now that we can't depend on saturated values in 16bit buffers.

LOL. I love the DBO forum.

The lag is weird

by DEEP_NNN, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 12:14 (2456 days ago) @ Veegie

BTW, D2 looks glorious in 4K HDR on the 1X. Some people have no idea what they are missing.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread