In the market for a new headset (Off-Topic)

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 13:16 (2305 days ago)

So after about 2 or 3 years, my Turtle Beach XO7's are getting pretty used and they've been discontinued, so a replacement is basically out of the question unless I want to go refurbished, but I'd rather not do that again. Seeing as reviews on Amazon and all that are basically useless to me because they don't provide the answers I'm looking for, I figured I would ask you all here.

I'm trying to look for a headset with comparable sound quality and versatility. Something that can simulate surround sound through stereo channels rather well, sounds exactly the same on both console and PC, sounds almost the same as the source material as it's supposed to sound, and only requires a single 3.5mm jack or something that comes with a 2 jack converter. A short (about 4-5ft) braided cable would be nice, but not exactly necessary. I'm also trying to keep it within a $100-$150 price range if at all possible because they're going to break eventually regardless and I don't want to be out a ton of money.

Some research has basically narrowed it down to about 2 or 3 choices, but I'm not quite sure what kind of quality audio you all recommend. So far I've narrowed it down to either the GSP 300 from Sennheiser or the Cloud Alpha from HyperX or maybe the RIG 600LX from Plantronics, though I'm not too sure about that one.

If any of you have got any recommendations or any reviews for the ones I've been thinking about, that would be great to hear because trying to find a good all around headset sucks when you can't actually try them out before you buy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread