Dawning Gift borked? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:43 (2358 days ago)

Okay, borked might be the wrong word.

This started yesterday, for me - the first time, I thought I just missed something. The second time, I asked the folks I was playing with if it was happening to them. (It wasn't.)

Now I know it's happening on all of my characters.

When I swing by Ikora's to pick up a new gift schematic, I get the drop that would normally come when I finished the gift and turned it in to whoever it was for, rather than a schematic. (My Titan just walked up, hit X, and got a Quilted Winter Mark and a few shaders.)

Now, I'm not really complaining; for the most part, the gathering work for a gift is as close to grinding as I've come in Destiny 2. (It IS grinding, just at a pretty small scale.) I'm just confused - is this happening to others (clearly it's not happening to EVERYONE, since the 5 people in my party yesterday all said it wasn't happening to them, but maybe there's SOME subset of the population seeing this), or just me?

Dawning Gift borked?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:47 (2358 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It started happening to me on Christmas day. I assumed it was just because it was a Christmas and they decided to just give everyone the gifts without the work.

I haven't logged in every day since then, but at least four or five times, and it's done the same thing on all three characters.

I'm not complaining.

Looking forward to having this problem...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:51 (2358 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Dawning Gift borked?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:55 (2358 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This started yesterday, for me - the first time, I thought I just missed something. The second time, I asked the folks I was playing with if it was happening to them. (It wasn't.)

When I swing by Ikora's to pick up a new gift schematic, I get the drop that would normally come when I finished the gift and turned it in to whoever it was for, rather than a schematic. (My Titan just walked up, hit X, and got a Quilted Winter Mark and a few shaders.)

Now, I'm not really complaining; for the most part, the gathering work for a gift is as close to grinding as I've come in Destiny 2. (It IS grinding, just at a pretty small scale.) I'm just confused - is this happening to others (clearly it's not happening to EVERYONE, since the 5 people in my party yesterday all said it wasn't happening to them, but maybe there's SOME subset of the population seeing this), or just me?

Not happening to me on Xbox or PS4, but I think I saw a few people saying similar things over in the clan chat on the Bungie app. I wonder if it’s random, or if you’ve hit some kind of threshold by completing enough schematics?

Dawning Gift borked?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:57 (2358 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Not happening to me on Xbox or PS4, but I think I saw a few people saying similar things over in the clan chat on the Bungie app. I wonder if it’s random, or if you’ve hit some kind of threshold by completing enough schematics?

I vaguely remember hearing something about how if you finished all the schematic missions then this starts happening?

Dawning Gift borked?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:56 (2358 days ago) @ Claude Errera

From what I've seen and heard once you complete all the people to give gifts for it just gives you the rewards after that without making you finish a quest.

Dawning Gift borked?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 20:18 (2357 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm certain that this is correct. I only ever did each unique gift once - there were no repeats. And then it started completing immediately on pickup at some point.

Thanks, all!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:59 (2358 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Makes sense that once you've finished (or at least started; I have 3 unfinished schematics in the works right now) all of them, you don't have to do them again.

Whee!

Thanks, all!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 18:07 (2358 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Makes sense that once you've finished (or at least started; I have 3 unfinished schematics in the works right now) all of them, you don't have to do them again.

Whee!

I saw that if you have a few active schematics on you already, this happens. Someone was saying that all three Characters can get 15000 glimmer or something like that just from picking up the rewards.

Thanks, all!

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 19:13 (2357 days ago) @ Korny

If it drops 3 ships you break down, yeah. You get a legendary shard and 5k glimmer. Sparrows are 1k. I’ve been experiencing this since the 22nd.

Dawning Gift borked?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 07:59 (2354 days ago) @ Claude Errera

More specifically, each sub-part of the schematic is treated individually, so I picked up some schematics that only have one thing to do because I already received that task on a prior schematic.

It's an interesting design. On one hand, I was not looking forward to doing the same things again and again, on the other hand, it's removing one more thing to do in a game being criticized for not having enough things to do. It does still give a reason to log in (well, lets assume the rewards are desired) so it would still help the daily active users numbers…

Dawning Gift borked?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 12:24 (2354 days ago) @ Vortech

It does still give a reason to log in (well, lets assume the rewards are desired) so it would still help the daily active users numbers…

It's certainly been working in my case. Even if I do end up dismantling the item (which I do most of the time now, having already acquired all the stuff I really want), it's a significant amount of glimmer for just a couple of minutes' interaction.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread