Dawning Gift borked? (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 17:57 (2358 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Okay, borked might be the wrong word.

This started yesterday, for me - the first time, I thought I just missed something. The second time, I asked the folks I was playing with if it was happening to them. (It wasn't.)

Now I know it's happening on all of my characters.

When I swing by Ikora's to pick up a new gift schematic, I get the drop that would normally come when I finished the gift and turned it in to whoever it was for, rather than a schematic. (My Titan just walked up, hit X, and got a Quilted Winter Mark and a few shaders.)

Now, I'm not really complaining; for the most part, the gathering work for a gift is as close to grinding as I've come in Destiny 2. (It IS grinding, just at a pretty small scale.) I'm just confused - is this happening to others (clearly it's not happening to EVERYONE, since the 5 people in my party yesterday all said it wasn't happening to them, but maybe there's SOME subset of the population seeing this), or just me?

Not happening to me on Xbox or PS4, but I think I saw a few people saying similar things over in the clan chat on the Bungie app. I wonder if it’s random, or if you’ve hit some kind of threshold by completing enough schematics?

I vaguely remember hearing something about how if you finished all the schematic missions then this starts happening?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread