I applied (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 20:17 (2356 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 20:25

https://careers.bungie.com/en-US/Careers/Narrative

Your move Bungie. I hope my requirement to work remotely isn't a deal breaker. Seattle area just sucks, that's all. Still haven't heard back about the Eververse job either.

lol

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 20:48 (2356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I applied

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 06:35 (2356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seattle area just sucks, that's all.

Take that back!

The Truth Hurts

by Durandal, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 12:27 (2356 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I don't think this is a good remote work job. You really need to push the story deep into the mechanics of the game, and that takes some physical interaction. You need to go in there like Lord Shaxx and just start shouting about how Ziest is shady and no one would buy equipment that will try to poison you except crazy guardians.

Get narrative position. Misname everything all the time.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 15:03 (2356 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Me, too

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 07:50 (2356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Your move Bungie. I hope my requirement to work remotely isn't a deal breaker. Seattle area just sucks, that's all.

I'd move to Seattle. Just applied myself :)

Still haven't heard back about the Eververse job either.

I think they know you're not invested in the idea.

It would be supercool if either of you got it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 15:49 (2356 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

agreed

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 17:06 (2355 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Lol

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 17:25 (2355 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 17:35

Dude, I listed DBO posts (such as this one and this one) under qualifications.

Lol

by Coaxkez, Friday, January 05, 2018, 08:31 (2355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If by some strange twist of fate you do get the job, find a way to canonize Tiger Man.

[image]

I'm serious.

by Coaxkez, Monday, January 08, 2018, 07:04 (2352 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Tiger Man was wise.

I'm serious.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 08, 2018, 19:40 (2351 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Tigerman.isnotcanon.net

Cody just wants the job for his book research ;)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, January 05, 2018, 08:18 (2355 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I applied

by General Battuta, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 10:56 (2354 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Your move Bungie. I hope my requirement to work remotely isn't a deal breaker. Seattle area just sucks, that's all. Still haven't heard back about the Eververse job either.

I'd apply if it didn't mean moving back to Seattle. The studio itself is nice, but Bellevue is crushingly depressing, and it's a long bus ride across the lake if you live in Seattle proper.

I applied

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 11:23 (2354 days ago) @ General Battuta

I'd apply if it didn't mean moving back to Seattle. The studio itself is nice, but Bellevue is crushingly depressing, and it's a long bus ride across the lake if you live in Seattle proper.

How long are we talking?

My first job in games required a two-hour commute by bus, each way.

Where I work now, I've managed to get it down to a little less than an hour.

#HumbleBrag?

I applied

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 11:28 (2354 days ago) @ CyberKN

How long are we talking?

#HumbleBrag?

From my house, it's a 45 minute commute (two buses) to Bungie's main offices. (It's about the same, coming back.)

Used to be much longer - routes were such that you really needed to head into downtown Seattle first, then back out. Maybe 90 mins.

I applied

by FyreWulff, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 19:33 (2353 days ago) @ Claude Errera

How long are we talking?

#HumbleBrag?

From my house, it's a 45 minute commute (two buses) to Bungie's main offices. (It's about the same, coming back.)

Used to be much longer - routes were such that you really needed to head into downtown Seattle first, then back out. Maybe 90 mins.

Yeah, when I was there last, I learned quick that you need to set out a lot earlier due to how Seattle and it's suburbs are arranged.

Hyperloop buses?!

by Funkmon @, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 19:55 (2353 days ago) @ Claude Errera

A worrying amount of time passed with me being confused before remembering you moved west.

I applied

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 08, 2018, 07:55 (2352 days ago) @ CyberKN

How long are we talking?

#HumbleBrag?

And to think I'm trading my 7 minute commute for a 24 minute commute & a bigger place... and I'm concerned 24 minutes will be too long. ;)

I applied

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 08, 2018, 08:46 (2352 days ago) @ dogcow

How long are we talking?

#HumbleBrag?

And to think I'm trading my 7 minute commute for a 24 minute commute & a bigger place... and I'm concerned 24 minutes will be too long. ;)

That’s because a 7 minute commute is a thing of beauty, and painful to give up :)

I applied

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 08, 2018, 09:00 (2352 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

How long are we talking?

#HumbleBrag?

That’s because a 7 minute commute is a thing of beauty, and painful to give up :)

I went from a 1 hour drive each way to just 10 minutes now. It's awesome to be able to go home at lunch and play a couple of strikes or crucible. And have lunch with my wife too, I guess. :P

I applied

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 10:29 (2351 days ago) @ dogcow

I moved to get a ~15 minute commute. Worth it.

I applied

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 08, 2018, 19:42 (2351 days ago) @ CyberKN

How long are we talking?

#HumbleBrag?

My commute is currently 8 seconds. From the bed to the computer.

I applied

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 12:13 (2354 days ago) @ General Battuta

I remember asking the people at Valve what they do for fun while I was doing the Portal 2 guide, and they basically said "there's nothing to do here".

I applied

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 08, 2018, 06:34 (2352 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I remember asking the people at Valve what they do for fun while I was doing the Portal 2 guide, and they basically said "there's nothing to do here".

Yeah, it's Bellevue. The sane people live near Seattle.

I applied

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 08, 2018, 13:55 (2352 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Or Issaquah if you like nature. The nice parts of Kent or Renton if you don’t want to be in Seattle proper (because they want both arms and both legs for rent) or any number of places in Lynnwood.

But a lot of people don’t take the time to find fun. Which is disappointing in and of itself.

I applied

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 08, 2018, 14:09 (2352 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Or Issaquah if you like nature. The nice parts of Kent or Renton if you don’t want to be in Seattle proper (because they want both arms and both legs for rent) or any number of places in Lynnwood.

This is a very important modifier.

But a lot of people don’t take the time to find fun. Which is disappointing in and of itself.

This is very true. Also, there is a ton to do in and around Seattle that isn't an establishment.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread