Thanks for the Raid Lair (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 07:14 (2356 days ago)

We were able to get enough people and finished it rather quickly considering 3 of us hadn't finished it yet (~2 hours). Big thanks to Chappy for the strategy, as always. Also thanks to Zero and Squid for pulling Kermit, CougRon and myself through. nice to be done with it and know the encounter fully. To think Damage was actually NOT our issue most of our failures.

Woot! Glad you guys finished it!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 07:16 (2356 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Thanks for the Raid Lair

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 08:28 (2356 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Had a great time! For the record this was my second time through. I was with you about being quiet during the final dialogue because last time everyone was jabbering.

Thanks for the Raid Lair

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 08:32 (2356 days ago) @ Kermit

Had a great time! For the record this was my second time through. I was with you about being quiet during the final dialogue because last time everyone was jabbering.

That's part of the reason I love my Astros. One of the cans is literally just two big buttons, so I can adjust the mix to all chat or all game with just a few taps. I did it when we finished Calus for the first time because everyone was still talking--three taps on the front of my right can and it was all game volume with no chat audio coming through so I could hear what he was saying.

Thanks for the Raid Lair

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 08:38 (2356 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That's part of the reason I love my Astros. One of the cans is literally just two big buttons, so I can adjust the mix to all chat or all game with just a few taps. I did it when we finished Calus for the first time because everyone was still talking--three taps on the front of my right can and it was all game volume with no chat audio coming through so I could hear what he was saying.

Yeah, I think I mentioned in another post that I'm thinking of retiring my mixamp. My voice sounds like crap through it. Using the standard headset at the moment.

Thanks for the Raid Lair

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 09:10 (2356 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Which Astros? I had one but it broke pretty easily (Halo A40 I think)

Thanks for the Raid Lair

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 10:14 (2356 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Which Astros? I had one but it broke pretty easily (Halo A40 I think)

I have the A50s. They're basically identical to the A40s (as far as I know), they're just wireless.

Good idea

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 09:45 (2356 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Thanks for the Raid Lair

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 09:11 (2356 days ago) @ Kermit

Really you beat it already? Jerk get out the group :)

+1

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 09:30 (2356 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Cliffhanger!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 15:25 (2356 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

To think Damage was actually NOT our issue most of our failures.

What was it?

Cliffhanger!

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, January 04, 2018, 15:42 (2356 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

To think Damage was actually NOT our issue most of our failures.

What was it?

First off, well done, everyone!

That being said, the issue was simply player deaths. After a couple of tries we were getting the damage we needed; we just didn't have enough revive tokens to keep everyone alive through 4 phases. There were occasional mental mistakes, but the 5 or 10 seconds during the damage phase immediately after the shield drop is where the fire team is most vulnerable. Everyone is so focused on the damage (with craniums in hand), but the ads have recovered and in melee range, the nets are inbound, harpys are dive-bombing, and player-fired missles are flying... it's chaotic and easy to die if you loose track.

-Chappy

Cliffhanger!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 15:46 (2356 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Pretty much what Chappy said. Death tokens. We were consistently able to take him out in 4 Phases, but then someone would die and no way to revive. So we did it in 3 (so technically it was Damage, as if we had the damage it would have been done in 3 those times).

The location we were standing and making sure everyone had a Cranium, as those extra 3 = 1.5 million damage, was important. We setup the Empowering Rift and then brought things down, shot, moved, then kept shooting. We have a Reload Wall too (whatever they are called), which allowed us to get quick damage at the start as well.

WE DID IT

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 05, 2018, 20:09 (2354 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Thanks for the invite!

by TheeChaos @, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 06:34 (2354 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It was fun with You, Destroyoboy,Vtf (Vinny sp?!), Mr B, and Kermit. The drops were a let down of course but it was still fun to be able to knock that out. Only took us about an hour to get the hang of it and actually beat it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread