re: My review of CoO's story (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 16:19 (2353 days ago) @ Dame117

To be fair, often they're doing it because the reward justifies the risk.

Throw a snowball at a Hydra, his shield stops spinning; you can kill him much more easily. Throw a snowball at a Centurion, he won't take off. Throw a snowball at the guy with the slowing rockets at the top of the stairs at the start of Tree of Possibilities, he stops firing (I can't tell you how many rando teammates I've seen die to that guy because they 1) don't throw a snowball at him, and 2) don't treat him as a real threat).

Snowballs are like moveable Saint-14 bubbles; they blind enemies that get hit, and make them MUCH easier to kill. It's totally worth going out of your way to find some when you're under heavy fire. :)

I agree. :)

...I should have mentioned in my previous post that I am absolutely one of those Guardians I mentioned who makes a mad dash for the nearest snowball pile even while taking heavy fire. It is well worth it for the impact is has on enemies and their defenses, and of course, for the fun and that satisfying "splat" sound it makes when it hit them! I am almost to 1,000 snow ball kills. No other game lets me have that claim :)

Even if they did zero damage, I would not be able to resist the temptation to run straight for every snowball pile I see, lol.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread