Managers Enable their Employees to Achieve their Goals (Criticism)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 16:09 (2283 days ago) @ Kahzgul

So I think what D & C need is not unrestricted access to everyone. I think they need more team members. Members who understand the community and its concerns, and members who simply can take some of the work off of the shoulders of D & C in order to free them up to communicate far, FAR more than they are right now.

I think this is a big, big part of it.

Bungie went from being a 35 member team that released a game a year with a 1 person community team who wore other hats as well, to a 300 person team producing a shooter every 3 years, where community relations meant coming up with something funny to read once a week that included enough tidbits to be mildly interesting while the game was released, (and then fielding questions about playlist hoppers for some months). Lather, rinse repeat.

They're now a 700 person company managing what is, for all intents and purposes, an MMO, and they haven't really changed the model of how they interact with players... and they probably should.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread