I’m a casual too (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, January 26, 2018, 14:17 (2281 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Given the "Bathing Pools" encounter, I would say the light requirement for prestige Leviathan is 330.

Well, then I guess I'll have to wait till DLC 2 to do it then. Ugg.

I think prestige mode for raids is always going to be scaled to the highest available light levels in D2. I don't remember where it was said exactly, but I recall them communicating that they wanted all raids to have a relevant component (prestige mode) for the life of Destiny 2. I believe this is to address the phenomenon in D1 where VoG, Crota and Oryx no longer gave high level gear over time. This made it less appealing for raid teams to invest in over time.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it's nice that there will always be a "hard" mode. On the other hand, you don't get to feel the content getting easier over time giving it that RPG power fantasy. I remember going back to Crota and downing him on hard mode in one sword. That felt good after having the memory of scrambling to bring him down each and every time.

Sorry man, you may have to grind (a bit) for it. Even writing that makes me think you won't likely ever experience it. I wish destiny would get rid of light and just give us universal difficulty modifiers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread