Talk to me about sniper rifles (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, January 27, 2018, 01:02 (2281 days ago) @ Oholiab

Once my favorite special weapon in D1, I gave up on sniper rifles early in D2 because I discovered Merciless. Now that I have Crimson as an option for my exotic slot, I’d like to create a second loadout with a sniper in the heavy slot. I have a LOT of them in my vault!

Which ones do you like and why?

The only sniper that I like (and almost the only Heavy that I use in Crucible) is the Borealis. Five round mag, which automatically refills your shot when you pop an enemy’s shields (in Crucible, that means almost every hit), and Snapshot as an intrinsic perk? I had a lot of fun shutting down Supers in Mayhem (I have a clip where I blink, launch a Slova Bomb, whip up my rifle as I land, and snipe my bomb in midair, and the Explosion takes out a Titan who had just popped Hammers).

It’s funny that it was intended to be a PvE weapon (given its exotic perk, and the fact that it’s in the highest impact category), but outside of Prism-modifier strikes, it’s just as underpowered as the rest of the snipers in the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread