Killing Calus without using any damage Plates... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 29, 2018, 15:47 (2278 days ago)

Through some damage technicalities, Indica and friends managed to bring down Calus without using the plates that ostensibly make it possible to damage him. The full explanation was originally posted over on Reddit, but it involves tiny windows of opportunity:

(Warning, slightly NSFW language)

When you stun calus you are able for a short amount of time to actually damage him and your damage is going to be effected by the amount of skulls.

The way i engaded this the first time ever is that i didnt have any of my guns reloaded to finish of the stun and used a pulsegrenade. It ticked twice and broke his shield but kept doing damage. After some testing i realised every single DOT (Damage over Time) affect will keep doing damage to him as long as its effected by skulls when it starts doing damage.

After another few runs of testing i wanted to try out Celestial Nighthawk and it ended up doing a lot of Damage. Celestial Nighthawk (using bottom tree Golden Gun) can hit for 750k Damage when you have a 100-stack.

So the things which are worth using for damaging calus on the stun are: Pulse- and Vortexgrenades, Novabomb and Celestial Nighthawk.

So you can with 3 people technically hit calus for 2.1 Million Damage at the stun. Considering him having only around 6Million Health that is actually pretty crazy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread