The Ultimate Community Game Night Write-Up (Recruitment)

by Avateur @, Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:58 (3849 days ago) @ Xenos

Posted this at HBO, may as well throw it here, too.

So there I was in the middle of one of the best Epic CTF games I have ever had the pleasure to be part of! The game was tied 1-1 and we had just managed to get the flag through their teleport exit. Slowly but surely, that flag was progressing across the map. Surely we would be taking a 2-1 lead. I could taste it. Hell, I could see it. The flag was right there, and it was going to be mine for the taking.
Blue team? Ha. What a joke. How could they ever stop me? I mean really. Fourth quarter, game on the line, Jordans laced up. I've been here before. It's Hero Time!

CRASH. Bleep bloop. What?! Disconnected from Xbox Live?! Puppy backing up frantically from some cables? Uh oh. Yep. Modem directly connected to PC, 360, and router. Plug yanked from wall, router yanked off desk, modem hanging on by a thread. Puppy was never allowed to explore that side of the desk. He finally managed to while I was busy being heroic.

Maybe three full minutes passed before I was back online and in the game. Loading. Plenty of frantic microphone chatter. No one could hear me due to loading, but I could hear them. They had our flag, and it sure sounded like they were going to score.

I return to the game! 2-1!...them?! We eventually lost. Puppy's fault.

GG everyone! :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread